Mini0806 intermittently stops recording

lesgallen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, for well over a year I have been using a mini 0806 without any issues, but over the last week or so it intermittently stops recording, normally a power off and back on works but it fails again shortly afterwards. I haven't changed anything, any clues?

Hi, for well over a year I have been using a mini 0806 without any issues, but over the last week or so it intermittently stops recording, normally a power off and back on works but it fails again shortly afterwards. I haven't changed anything, any clues?
Should have added current firmware is (probably quite old) FW 20150305v1

Guess is your card - especially if it stops recording but the blue/power light stays on. Get what files you want off the card and then using the 0806 reformat the card. Happened to me twice and reformat fixed it.

Guess is your card - especially if it stops recording but the blue/power light stays on. Get what files you want off the card and then using the 0806 reformat the card. Happened to me twice and reformat fixed it.
Thanks for that, I reformatted both cards about fours ago and so far it has been continually recording, I used my laptop to reformat the cards rather than the device is that ok. As a secondary question I tried without success to update the firmware, is there a simple a guide somewhere I can follow it has been so long since I have done it.

Hi Les, The way to update your cam is:
1)Download the latest firmware version - today from the mini0806 web site location is: http://www.mini0806.com/firmware/0806firmware-160507.zip

2) Inside the downloaded zip file is the file; Firmware.bin. Copy this file to the root of the microSD card and insert the card into a SWITCHED OFF camera.

3) Switch on the camera and (it should) power up and detect the firmware.bin file on the SD card and ask you if you want to update the camera.

4)Using the up / down buttons highlight the YES option and press the middle OK button. The camera SHOULD update itself and power down.

5) Ensure the camera is switched off and remove the SD card. Use your PC to delete the firmware.bin file BEFORE re-inserting it back in the camera - otherwise it will continually ask if you want to update.

You should be ok now but if you are not then repeat process but FIRSTLY REFORMAT THE SD CARD IN THE CAMERA - just in case it is a file corruption issue as some SD cards can give problems - I have used many different makes and sizes until I have one that works well - the more expensive the SD card the more reliable it seems.

Hi Les, The way to update your cam is:
1)Download the latest firmware version - today from the mini0806 web site location is: http://www.mini0806.com/firmware/0806firmware-160507.zip

2) Inside the downloaded zip file is the file; Firmware.bin. Copy this file to the root of the microSD card and insert the card into a SWITCHED OFF camera.

3) Switch on the camera and (it should) power up and detect the firmware.bin file on the SD card and ask you if you want to update the camera.

4)Using the up / down buttons highlight the YES option and press the middle OK button. The camera SHOULD update itself and power down.

5) Ensure the camera is switched off and remove the SD card. Use your PC to delete the firmware.bin file BEFORE re-inserting it back in the camera - otherwise it will continually ask if you want to update.

You should be ok now but if you are not then repeat process but FIRSTLY REFORMAT THE SD CARD IN THE CAMERA - just in case it is a file corruption issue as some SD cards can give problems - I have used many different makes and sizes until I have one that works well - the more expensive the SD card the more reliable it seems.
Thanks for responding Alan, much appreciated, it was three weeks or so ago when I realised I had forgotten how to update the s/w. Fortunately I sorted it and reformatted at the same time, I downloaded Nigel's custom f/w and so far so good, so fingers crossed. Not sure whether the new firmware resolved it or more likely the reformat. Thanks again. Les.

Thanks for responding Alan, much appreciated, it was three weeks or so ago when I realised I had forgotten how to update the s/w. Fortunately I sorted it and reformatted at the same time, I downloaded Nigel's custom f/w and so far so good, so fingers crossed. Not sure whether the new firmware resolved it or more likely the reformat. Thanks again. Les.

Exactly same problem. First year of using MINI0806 no issues but second year I had to replace battery and after that memory card problem. I did hard reset, back to factory settings, new High speed memory card, Firmware upgrade ... no luck :(
My next step is to clean card slot contacts. Will see.

Last edited:
Today "Stprage I/O error" back :( Contacts cleaning didn't help.

Slot B works better. Slot A - everyday error, Slot B - one error in 2-3 days.

Back