Vico Opia 2

Well the firmware upgrade was smooth as silk but now the vico player won't play the video's. they show up in the list but won't play even if they are ungrouped.

Videos play fine in vlc so I wonder what is going on there. I have always had a flash screen pop up and say Error see below. And have tried installing the codecs with no joy. but I don't think this is the issue with nothing playing in the vico player software. I also use registrator viewer which is the same software and it won't work in that either. Any ideas guys.
t9uub6o.jpg

Hi @Madd66 We have tested it and the videos plays fine on HD-Player. Could you please redownload it again and give it another try?

For those of you who are looking for the Opia2 update, it's here.
Vico-Opia2 firmware v2.2G
1. Color temperature and white balance improved.
2. Loop recording length feature added with 3 minutes and 5 minutes options.
3. Video quality and image brightness on 1080p@60fps improved.
4. G-Sensor sensitivity improved.
5. Sensitivity on Smart Parking Surveillance Motion Detection improved.
6. Advanced Driver Assistance Systems improved.
Upgrade link: http://www.vicovation.com/downloads.asp?lang=eng

Please feel free to share your suggestions and feedback with us through service.en@vicovation.com.

Hi @Madd66 We have tested it and the videos plays fine on HD-Player. Could you please redownload it again and give it another try?

For those of you who are looking for the Opia2 update, it's here.
Vico-Opia2 firmware v2.2G
1. Color temperature and white balance improved.
2. Loop recording length feature added with 3 minutes and 5 minutes options.
3. Video quality and image brightness on 1080p@60fps improved.
4. G-Sensor sensitivity improved.
5. Sensitivity on Smart Parking Surveillance Motion Detection improved.
6. Advanced Driver Assistance Systems improved.
Upgrade link: http://www.vicovation.com/downloads.asp?lang=eng

Please feel free to share your suggestions and feedback with us through service.en@vicovation.com.

Yes I believe it is my pc that is causing the problem, I first tried it on 1296P and it didn't work then I tried on 1080 60 fps and it worked but very choppy, I just tried on 1080p hdr and it works. so it is my end that is the problem thanks.

Hi @Madd66 Do you have K-Lite Codec Pack (https://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm) installed on your computer? Maybe this is why your computer can't run the videos correctly.

My pc is a 2.3 ghz with 4 gig ram running win 7. Yes I have tried the K-lite codec pack and it made no differance, even with it installed I still get the error flash screen. I intend on doing a fresh install of windows as the pc is not running as well as it used too. I am hopefull a clean install will help. will let you know how it goes. thanks

Just get mine from local VicoVation dealer in Manila. Had send the video to the dealer so he will upload tomorrow.

Hi dhavie,
Am based in Manila and thinking of getting one too. Can you please give me the details of your supplier? How was the product and customer support?

Hi @bosch, I hope the information below can help you. :)

Resolution:
Opia2's highest resolution is 2560 x 1440p @ 30fps HDR (2K Ultra HD), it is also able to record under 1920 x 1080p @ 60fps
Marcus4's highest resolution is 2304 x 1296p @ 30fps (Extreme HD), it is also able to record under 2560 x 1080p @ 30fps (21:9 Movie Mode) and 1920 x 1080p @ 30fps HDR

Chipset:
Opia2: Ambarella A12
Marcus4: Ambarella A7

Memory Card Support:
Opia2: up to 128GB
Marcus4: up to 64GB

Parking Mode:
Opia2 Motion Detection & Time Lapse Video
Marcus4: Motion Detection

Screen Saver:
Opia2: 15 Secs, 1/3/5 Minutes
Marcus4: 1/3/5 Minutes

Output:
Opia2: Mini USB2.0
Marcus4: Mini HDMI & Mini USB2.0
Hi,

What is the difference between Opia 2 and MF 2?

Hi dhavie,
Am based in Manila and thinking of getting one too. Can you please give me the details of your supplier? How was the product and customer support?
The company is Dash Cam PH. Email: dashcamphilippines@gmail.com. They operate by appointment. Not a showroom. funny is, he explain since they only do dash cam and does not have walk in customer very often, they just do it by appointment. Even after office hour. I have my BlackVue installed at 7.00pm on Saturday.

The person whom response to me is quite detail with his response. I personally have not met him before but his staff and AV Tech does really a good job. I got my BlackVue, Vico and even the new F770 Thinkware too (not arrived yet). Support is good and very attentive.

Hope this help.

The company is Dash Cam PH. Email: dashcamphilippines@gmail.com. They operate by appointment. Not a showroom. funny is, he explain since they only do dash cam and does not have walk in customer very often, they just do it by appointment. Even after office hour. I have my BlackVue installed at 7.00pm on Saturday.

The person whom response to me is quite detail with his response. I personally have not met him before but his staff and AV Tech does really a good job. I got my BlackVue, Vico and even the new F770 Thinkware too (not arrived yet). Support is good and very attentive.

Hope this help.
Thank Dhavie,

Wow, you purchased so many models! May I know your experience and review for the 3 models? Which do you like best and why?

I am leaning toward the Vico kasi I need my dashcam to be flexible where I can transfer from one car to the other and carry it in my bag. In your experience, can the Blackvue do that too?

Thank Dhavie,

Wow, you purchased so many models! May I know your experience and review for the 3 models? Which do you like best and why?

I am leaning toward the Vico kasi I need my dashcam to be flexible where I can transfer from one car to the other and carry it in my bag. In your experience, can the Blackvue do that too?

Hi, I am a BlackVue guy (sorry all, I am) but if you want to transfer around, try not to use suction cup mounting. I have bad experience that it fall down due to constant removing it. By going with your "flexibility", i will go for adhesive mounting and get a additional set of the mount for another car. Sure you don't want to see those cable dangling, get a set of cable too.

Yes, BlackVue can do that. Dr650 Series, just press the button and slot out. Easy to adjust too. turn up or down. By the way, dtm320i can you send me private message. This is a Vicovation thread.

Remarks: Since this is VicoVation Page, I would like to apologize by suggesting other brand. I will bring this conversation to private message. Apologize to the Thread Owner.

Hi @dtm320i This should cover most of the things you want to know.

Resolution:
Opia2's highest resolution is 2560 x 1440p @ 30fps HDR (2K Ultra HD), it is also able to record under 1920 x 1080p @ 60fps
MF2 GPS's highest resolution is 2304 x 1296p @ 30fps (Extreme HD), it is also able to record under 2560 x 1080p @ 30fps (21:9 Movie Mode) and 1920 x 1080p @ 30fps HDR

Chipset:
Opia2: Ambarella A12/OmniVision 4 Megapixels Sensor
MF2 GPS: Ambarella A7/OmniVision 4 Megapixels Sensor

Viewing Angle:
Opia2: 160° Diagonal Viewing Angle
MF2 GPS: 150° Diagonal Viewing Angle

LCD Display
Opia2: 2.0" TFT LCD
MF2 GPS: 3.0" TFT LCD

Memory Card Support:
Opia2: up to 128GB
MF2 GPS: up to 64GB

Parking Mode:
Opia2: Motion Detection & Time Lapse Video
MF2 GPS: Manual Parking Mode with Motion Detection

Screen Saver:
Opia2: 15 Secs, 1/3/5 Minutes
MF2 GPS: 1/3/5 Minutes

Output:
Opia2: Mini USB 2.0
MF2 GPS: Mini HDMI & Mini USB 2.0

Language:
Opia2: Available in 18 Languages
MF2 GPS: English/T. Chinese/S. Chinese

Hi @Quantum. We know about the MPH situation and we will fix it on the next firmware that we will be releasing next month. G-sensor sensitivity will also be adjusted on the next firmware. Resolution quality will also be improved on all resolutions on the next firmware.

Like @jokiin said, the supercapacitors could have been faulty on your unit, I'm sure VicoDrict will exchange one with you with no problem.

Opia2 does consume more power than others because it is equipped with Ambarella A12 and runs under 1440p HDR. I would highly recommend you using Power PLUS to avoid having your car battery drained out again.
Can power bank be used to power all Vico models?

yes, power bank can be used to power all dashcam which use 5V power.
Is there a reason why one don't use power bank instead if battery or capacitor died (aside from not having power bank)?

Is there a reason why one don't use power bank instead if battery or capacitor died (aside from not having power bank)?

a power bank is just a power source in place of the power lead, it won't replace or replicate the functionality of the internal battery or capacitor, if those die the camera will not work reliably at all times

It's too complex to buy a dashcam and a power bank. Then user has to install two things togerther ?
People want a simple life, simple machine operation: easy for installing, easy for using.

@Quantum @Madd66 Text overlay being too high up is a known problem for us. This has to do with Ambarella A12's chipset programming limitation. We are still communicating with them to come up with a solution to try to fix this.

Any news on this? Just got mine in today, I love it, but that is the one thing that annoys me about it. Upgraded to 2.5, looks the same.

@TexasDan We are still working on it. This is a limitation caused by Ambarella chipset rather than our software.

Back