SOOCOO Action Camera C30 Latest firmware

I haven been trying to update my Soocoo C30 for the past three days and it is not working.

Currently, I have firmware version S20160314V2.0. Want to upgrade to S20160606V2.0 (published 06/06/2016).

I followed the directions Soocoo gave, and they do not work. So I started working directly with Soocoo customer support. They offered the following alternate procedure:

hey dear,
1)your meaning is that when you update the latest firmware, but there is nothing happen,right?
2) does your camera have other problem? so you want to update the latest firmware?
3) please try this way to update:
First: format the memory card on computer, and copy the file (which you need to update) to your memory card by Card Reader
second: get the camera charged by USB charger, please dont connect the camera to computer, charge the camera to socket.but please turn off the camera.
Third: insert the memory card into camera,at this time, the camera is charging by USB charger.
Last: wait a few minute, and see whether the camera can be turned on automatic.
4) after you update ,.please check the version, thank you!

1. Yes, I follow the procedure to update the firmware, but nothing happens.
2. No, my camera does not have other problems. I want to update the firmware to improve features that you state in change log.
3. I formatted the card on my PC using a card reader.
4. I copied FWHT108M.bin (for version 2.0) to the SD card.
5. I connected the camera to a USB wall charger (not computer). The camera automatically turns on.
6. I turned the camera off, while still plugged into charger. Red light is on.
7. I inserted the SD card with file FWHT108M.bin. Nothing happens. Red light is still on. Waited 5 minutes. Nothing happens.
8. The camera does not turn on automatically with card inserted after waiting 5 minutes.
9. I manually turned on the camera, while still plugged into wall charger. It does not recognize FWHT108M.bin, and starts like normal, in video mode.

Am I missing another file? Should there be an LDHT108M.bin file? Similar the S60 firmware update?

It's like the C30 does not read the .bin files before booting into normal video mode.

I've tried everything I can think of: different format types (FAT, FAT32, exFAT, and formatting directly on camera), different SD card sizes (1GB, 32GB, 64GB), having the battery installed/not installed. Nothing is working.

Help! Any other suggestions?

My other cameras have a similar firmware update process, but they automatically recognize the .bin file when the camera is booted. The C30 does nothing.

usually means you have the wrong file or the wrong file name

make sure you have file name extensions turned on on your PC, wouldn't be the first time someone tried to update and found out they had FWHT108M.bin.bin instead of FWHT108M.bin

Jokiin - Thanks for the reply.

I read a post also mentioning the file name extension issue. I double checked my folder settings, and it should be right.... but maybe I'm missing something.

upload_2016-6-8_22-17-28.png

I have firmware version S20160314V2.0.

Your cam HW version is V1.0 (never mind 'V2.0' stated in your FW version). Therefore try to flash latest V1.0 FW file (FW96660A.bin) from official 20160606 release.

Thanks for the reply. That was it.

I scared to try V1.0 from the get-go because of the stories I've heard of bricking the Novatek 96660 when using previous firmware versions.

Appreciate your help.

SOOCOO C30 V1.0 and V2.0 Action Camera Firmware Upgrade Instructions:

1. You will be able to use max 32Gb memory card for firmware upgrade. Format it (FAT32) before use.
2. Empty card can be inserted into your camera. Connect the camera to PC with USB cable.
3. Start upgrade by copying 'FW96660A.bin' and 'FWHT108M.bin' files to the root of the card.
4. Turn the camera off.
5. Unplug USB from PC.
6. Note: Do not try to rename or modify firmware files. It will 'brick' your camera and can lead to its total malfunction.
7. Reconnect the camera to PC. Firmware upgrade will start automatically. Wait until finished.
8. Delete 'FW96660A.bin' and 'FWHT108M.bin' files from the card.
9. Disconnect the camera.

S20160530V1.0
Bug:
1. Date select on settings - DD/MM/YY = on photo stamp normal, but on video stamp - YY/MM/DD - not like select in setting
2. Date select on settings - DD/MM/YY = not posible change day and monts in settings
3. Hove to disable soocoo logo in stamap on video?

There's another bug/defect as well. The date & time settings reset each time the battery is taken out. Can this be fixed by the firmware or is it a hardware problem?

Back