Amacam C65 or similar?

CJ225

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all.

I recently took a punt on a hp f310, distracted by the idea that hp surely wouldn't license something awful.

Anyway, it's going back as it doesn't work as well as a £10 eBay cheapy job - I had all sorts of trouble with it freezing, not recording when you wanted it to, losing time/date and so on. Other aspects were good, so it's a shame, but I do understand it's made in China under license, so you get what you pay for.

Moving on, I wouldn't mind something with GPS, and I've seen the Amacam AM-C65. I imagine this is one of the usual suspects under a different name, but does anyone have any info on it? It looks and sounds quite capable.

Well, it has a Sony sensor and a chipset that I've never heard of (Ublox) but after a little "digging" I found out they're a suiss manufacturer, so it's probably good material for the price it costs.

Ublox is making GPS antennas, nothing else i think.

Ublox is the GPS chipset not the processor, there are a couple of different solutions that Koonlung use, their tooling is all private so would be one of theirs

Funny they use Ublox as i am told they are the shizzel nizzel of GPS antennas, and then pair that with,,,,,, meh :rolleyes: ( okay strong words its not like A7 and OV4689 is poo, but i will venture a claim that is is pretty mundane in this day and age )

Anyways i like speed cam warning, but it is not implemented in a way i feel good about, and i cant create my own warnings as i understand it.

Cold be its a old Ublox antenna, and not the new ones which i think are pretty smart as they can tell you where you are even indoor after you left satellite signal outside.

this one is a Novatek + IMX322 model, it's in their catalogue but not listed on their website

Back