Playback on laptop

Robert123

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I received Nextbase dash cam for Christmas and after installing the software on the computer to view the save footaage I go not get the option when attaching the cam to the computer to as use as a mass storage as mentioned in the instruction manual. Within the software viewing I am not able to find where the viewed files are stored .i.e. I cannot find the micro card, am I missing something here?

Hi all, I received Nextbase dash cam for Christmas and after installing the software on the computer to view the save footaage I go not get the option when attaching the cam to the computer to as use as a mass storage as mentioned in the instruction manual. Within the software viewing I am not able to find where the viewed files are stored .i.e. I cannot find the micro card, am I missing something here?
Are you using the short USB cable that came with your camera? Maybe try another cable. It needs to be able to transfer data.

OK thanks I am using the cable that came with the camera, I will try another another cable

OK thanks I am using the cable that came with the camera, I will try another another cable
That cable should be able to transfer data, but you never know. Always worth trying another cable.
If you get to mass storage mode, the camera/memory card should appear as a drive letter.

Perhaps.. there are some special drivers that need to be installed on the laptop before it can recognize the connected dashcam. The documentation should mention which versions of operating systems are compatible with the dashcam and.. where to download the drivers if the operating system does not automatically install them.

Perhaps.. there are some special drivers that need to be installed on the laptop before it can recognize the connected dashcam. The documentation should mention which versions of operating systems are compatible with the dashcam and.. where to download the drivers if the operating system does not automatically install them.
Maybe test it on another computer.

Why don't you just take the microSD card out, plug it to the computer with an adapter, transfer the files, watch them with whatever player suits you better and be done with it? ;)

It must have been a problem with the cable, I have used a different cable with no problems, and yes I have simple just used the miscoSD card and that also works well.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Nextbase Other 7
D Nextbase Other 9
Back