JooVuu X Camera

L
Om not so sure "plussing" the EV at night would make the image brighter, I've been testing that as well, but from 0 to +2 there's not much of a change at night, from 0 to -/-2 however makes it darker.

Boosting up exposure strange enough seems to only work in bright daylight conditions......
Look at the contrast - seems to work for me having exposure +2. Can you send me your exact settings and I'll see if I can replicate.

L

Look at the contrast - seems to work for me having exposure +2. Can you send me your exact settings and I'll see if I can replicate.

ID have too retest, since it's been a few fw:s back tbh..... :oops:

So I tested the 2560x1080 30 fps vs. HDR 1920x1080 30fps... the winner in category light/brightness is HDR...it is also less sensitive to light condition change...with the 2560 it happened to be really dark when the light conditions changed (street lights, trees etc.)...at the dark road it was also better the HDR... but... as mentioned above, blurrier...BUT brighter...:)...I am planning few more tests and I will try to put here some video later...
I think that the exposure change did not work for me as well (night video)...

For now I think I am very happy with my Joovuu X...

I've been playing a bit with the cinema setting (2560*1080), WDR and EV values, here are some results, your comments are very welcome.

Remember I did this on the go, so no exact same recordings.

strange thing happened....on my card is about 35 GB (Kingston 64GB UHS-I U3) free space...today I looked at the video from today and I noticed that the clips from few days ago disappeared (the big ones with 400MB) but some of them from the file order are still there (small ones with 20 MB)...so the files are lost and the card has still empty space.

strange thing happened....on my card is about 35 GB (Kingston 64GB UHS-I U3) free space...today I looked at the video from today and I noticed that the clips from few days ago disappeared (the big ones with 400MB) but some of them from the file order are still there (small ones with 20 MB)...so the files are lost and the card has still empty space.

Are the older files stamped read only?

This happens when you hit the power button shortly while recording to prevent over writing.

Yes some of the have the read only...but I looked on the files from today (and I did not push the power button to save the specific file) and they have the same "read only" and "archive"....

Yes some of the have the read only...but I looked on the files from today (and I did not push the power button to save the specific file) and they have the same "read only" and "archive"....

Disable the G sensor.....?

Thanks, I will try if it helps...

I am thinking that I use magnetic mount (right on the camera body) for the camera...can it influence the electronics of the camera? Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks, I will try if it helps...

I am thinking that I use magnetic mount (right on the camera body) for the camera...can it influence the electronics of the camera? Thanks

I use magnets for multiple camera's multiple years.... so....

OK so I will go for the magnet mount. Thanks....

I have some update to the camera...till today it worked fine...but during the drive it started behave really strange( switching off few times an not switching on)...and just now I plugged it into my PC to download the videos with the attached usb/usb mini cable...normally it behave as a drive/media just to see the files....but now with this cable it started recording, I was able to switch on the wifi and connect to the computer..so it was like in the car...other thing was that the second usb slot in the PC stopped working (mouse was in)...I restarted the computer and the camera behave again as a drive...

Just bought a JooVuu X for my second car. I already have a Mobius in my main car so it will be interesting to compare the camera's.

Just bought a JooVuu X for my second car. I already have a Mobius in my main car so it will be interesting to compare the camera's.
Hi David

What has your experience been so far?

I am considering the Juuvoo X but worried about reliability.

I like the idea of using wifi to look at the videos as needed and to get a live view, my worries are the quality of the picture and long term reliability.

I am also wondering if I could use the battery built in as a park guard or record for a while after parking? Does it actually work? Or is it better to go for capacitor ?

Hi David

What has your experience been so far?

I am considering the Juuvoo X but worried about reliability.

I like the idea of using wifi to look at the videos as needed and to get a live view, my worries are the quality of the picture and long term reliability.

I am also wondering if I could use the battery built in as a park guard or record for a while after parking? Does it actually work? Or is it better to go for capacitor ?
I purchased a JVX 6 months ago as the camera and the organisation were both promising. I was disappointed in the hardware, the software, the documentation and the customer support as none lived up to the marketing. Have you noticed JooVuu and their customers are almost never posting on DCT now? Buyer beware!!!

Have you noticed JooVuu and their customers are almost never posting on DCT now? Buyer beware!!!

1. JooVuu has it's own forum, so most of the JooVuu X discussion ends up on said forum.
2. The JooVuu X has lost all its original 'hype' appeal now, it's been out for long enough and there hasn't been any major developments. It's mostly bug fixes, firmware tweaks, etc, the sort of stuff which is better off on the manufacturers own forum anyway (unless, like Viofo, they chose to keep all discussion on DCT).

I know things haven't been perfect but buyer beware is a little extreme...

I think there is focus on the new camera, but off course that do not mean you can forsake your obligations towards your customers.

1. JooVuu has it's own forum, so most of the JooVuu X discussion ends up on said forum.
2. The JooVuu X has lost all its original 'hype' appeal now, it's been out for long enough and there hasn't been any major developments. It's mostly bug fixes, firmware tweaks, etc, the sort of stuff which is better off on the manufacturers own forum anyway (unless, like Viofo, they chose to keep all discussion on DCT).

I know things haven't been perfect but buyer beware is a little extreme...

Yeah that's all true, but we can't deny that there is room for improvement. The x still hasn't reached its full growth, nevertheless I still like it a lot.

And tbh it's a little quiet in the x community...

Im hoping the firmware mods regarding low light performance will filter over into the X camera firmwares.

My camera again displayed "do not want to record after short stop" yesterday, i will retrieve it later today when i go to the post office to pick up the Sj7 camera.
It is a old Kingston card thats in the camera, and i have RMAed those cards a few times, so i will give it a spin with some test software to see how the card perform.
Other then that the X camera have been performing well, so im easy and waiting for more fine tuning firmware to filter out of the Joovuu machine shop.

GPS have also been a bit flakey, but factoring in where i have the antenna mounted in the rear it is a miracle it can pick up any satellites at all :D so thats not really a complaint i can make.

Im hoping the firmware mods regarding low light performance will filter over into the X camera firmwares.

My camera again displayed "do not want to record after short stop" yesterday, i will retrieve it later today when i go to the post office to pick up the Sj7 camera.
It is a old Kingston card thats in the camera, and i have RMAed those cards a few times, so i will give it a spin with some test software to see how the card perform.
Other then that the X camera have been performing well, so im easy and waiting for more fine tuning firmware to filter out of the Joovuu machine shop.

GPS have also been a bit flakey, but factoring in where i have the antenna mounted in the rear it is a miracle it can pick up any satellites at all :D so thats not really a complaint i can make.

I have the same kind a feel like you described. It's really like with the misses, annoying at times, but wouldn't want to live without éh..... Haha Yaya :rolleyes:

I also use the GPS to record my speed, but I can't mount it in the truck, because I have another one every day, so the receiver cable lays lose on the dash board. I get a signal only 10~50% of the time, also depending on weather conditions of course.

[added]

so Sj7 éh.... You got 200 bucks laying around for an SJCAM camera? Why not have an extra paper route and buy a GoPro?

Last edited:
No i am testing from SJcams too now, and Sjcams and customs was kind to me on this one so prize was very good indeed.

Now come reviewing - testing - sending back feedback - uploading evaluation footage X 2, and not least getting out there in the grey cold Denmark :( and the weather forecast have no sun at all in the next 10 days or so.

So will have to get creative if i am to capture some footage with colors in it.

Back