Newbie would like advice on Blackvue DR650 please...

Tifa

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi...I'm new here. So my very first post!
I hope to contribute where I can...but I'm a bit clueless when it comes to most things electrical...
Here goes...

My question is this...I have just bought a blackvue dr650-2ch over the cloud dashcam.
Do I HAVE to use the cloud to use it please?
Or will it connect to a smartphone via bluetooth etc...

Cheers.

Your car must have internet connection. :) Or your parking slot must have free wifi. :)

So I can't get an image directly to a smartphone without going online?
And if I'm in a blackspot signal wise, I'm unable to view anything?

Merde...will have to send it back methinks.

Wrong thancan. You don't need an Internet connection or have to use the cloud to view videos. All you need is the Blackvue app for your phone which will connect directly to the unit via wifi and will allow you to either playback recordings or view live monitoring.

Phew!!

Thanks Nine29.
Very much appreciated!

Your car must have internet connection. :) Or your parking slot must have free wifi. :)
True.. ONLY IF you want the cloud. The Blackvue app on your smart phone or tablet will connect via Bluetooth where you can then view all your video.. and control "some" of the settings.

yes, i misunderstand the question. Sorry.
PS: But if you dont use cloud funtion, you better choice another model.

yes, i misunderstand the question. Sorry.
PS: But if you dont use cloud funtion, you better choice another model.
In my opinion.. the cloud feature is goofy idea. A marketing ploy to enrich the coffers of Blackvue... and, the supplier of your data plan.
I have yet to have someone explain the value of the "cloud" as it relates to dashcam video..

So will it work via a bluetooth connection please?

True.. ONLY IF you want the cloud. The Blackvue app on your smart phone or tablet will connect via Bluetooth where you can then view all your video.. and control "some" of the settings.
The Blackvue app connects by wifi, not bluetooth...and it will allow you to control "all" of the settings.

In my opinion.. the cloud feature is goofy idea. A marketing ploy to enrich the coffers of Blackvue... and, the supplier of your data plan.
I have yet to have someone explain the value of the "cloud" as it relates to dashcam video..

The cloud does have its benefits. It can be used to send notifications to you if the dash cam has been activated due to an event, it can allow you to monitor the activity around the vehicle at any time, and it can allow live viewing by others from remote locations while the vehicle is in motion...

someone just last week posted a video where the cloud sent them a notification that their car was hit, they ran out and caught the other driver before he could flee. he obviously was trying to run because he drove off but was waiting at a red light a few car lengths ahead.

although this guy was using his works wifi, so he was parked close enough to go off that, his car did not have wifi always on.

Back