just bought new memory card for my A119- what should I do for best results?

stuckintheoffice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having had a faulty memory card, on advice from here I have bought a new one- a Transcend high endurance 32GB.

Could someone please advise me what I should do to make sure it works as it should in the dash cam;

should I just format it in the dash cam (which seemed to take only about a second if that with the old card) or should I format it on the computer?

and should I run the h2testw programme first before anything else to make sure I have a genuine working card this time?

many thanks :)

Having had a faulty memory card, on advice from here I have bought a new one- a Transcend high endurance 32GB.

Could someone please advise me what I should do to make sure it works as it should in the dash cam;

should I just format it in the dash cam (which seemed to take only about a second if that with the old card) or should I format it on the computer?

and should I run the h2testw programme first before anything else to make sure I have a genuine working card this time?

many thanks :)
Just format in the camera. Test it if you want piece of mind.

I always run h2testw on a new card just to make sure, then there is no need to worry!

After testing with h2testw, format it in the camera which will ensure that it is in camera compatible format and will also wipe out the h2testw files, no need to format on a computer.

Never do a full format of an flash memory card or SSD on your computer, only a quick format, a full format just wears the card out and doesn't actually test anything due to the built in error correction and wear levelling.

Make sure it starts to record when using new cards.
Sometimes it may wait for your input on a format prompt.

thanks for the replies :)
I've just found that Transcend have a serial number checker on their website, and typing my new card's number in comes up with the correct details. Seems a good quick way to check but don't know how reliable it is.

you mentioned a serial checker and then expressed doubt... reminded me of way back when I was playing Half-Life (original) online... I had actually bought it on cdrom at a store so i knew my copy was legit... yet about every other time i tried to play online, it told me my cd-key must be invalid because it was already in use online. Didn't matter if i re-typed the key directly from the jewel case or not. it wouldn't let me play online. so i said to hell with it and downloaded a cd key generator from a crack website, made a new key and was then able to play again. about once a week i'd have to make a new key again, but at least i could still play the game i'd legally bought and paid for. :mad::mad::mad:

geekologie-piracy-comic.jpg

at least with memory cards, the bootleg copies actually ARE inferior to the real deal. unlike DVDs and downloads...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B A119 6
D A119 5
B A119 7
W A119 7
S A119 8
Back