A119 Firmware

I still have the problem of "format warning reminder" when the dashcam is not used for a long time,

I tried everything :

- a reflash of the firmware ( and the loader )
- a format of my memory card ( 128 Gb lexar )
- another reflash
- a reset

this time the bug occured after one week, my dashcam was not used for one week, it seems that there is a security feature in the v2 firmware : when the dashcam is not used for a long time ( one week ) then a format card reminder will be triggered,

so now I want to go back to the firmware v1.1, is it possible ?

where can I find the v1.1 loader file for the v1.1 firmware ?

Last edited:
I can confirm my theory : there is likely an hidden feature in the firmware v2.0 ( and maybe also v1.1 ) :

- if the dashcam is not used for 7 days : a format warning reminder will occur

if the dashcam is used at least 2 days during the week --> no problem, no format warning reminder, as long as the dashcam has been used often during the 7 last days,

everybody can check my hypothesis : don't use your dahscam for 7 days, you will probably notice this strange feature

Last edited:
Interesting. I may try to disconnect the a119 I have in my back window for a week and see what happens. I think I have format warnings turned off as well but I'll verify before unplugging.

I can confirm my theory : there is likely an hidden feature in the firmware v2.0 ( and maybe also v1.1 ) :

- if the dashcam is not used for 7 days : a format warning reminder will occur

if the dashcam is used at least 2 days during the week --> no problem, no format warning reminder, as long as the dashcam has been used often during the 7 last days,

everybody can check my hypothesis : don't use your dahscam for 7 days, you will probably notice this strange feature

My truck was parked starting 1/5/17 at 6AM and not started / moved again until 1/13/17 at 11:45PM. No format warning on the card.

interesting,

do you use the firmware v2.0 ?
what is the size of your memory card ?

when I flashed the loader and the firmware I didn't format the memory card, I put the file on the root of the memory card, not sure if this can led to my bug,

I use also a 128 Gb memory card ( lexar 633x )

finally I think I have the explanation of my bug :

- today I get again the format card warning, but I notice that the date and the time was incorrect ( 2016/01/01 0:00:00 instead of 2017/01/20 10:26:20 ),

so the problem is not the firmware, it seems that the internal battery lithium is empty/weak, is it possible to replace it without difficulties ?

is it a known problem ?

A119 dashcam is it supposed to be "charged" a lot of hours in order to recharge the internal battery ? ( like a smartphone )

Last edited:
@viofo Please fix the Image Rotation bug so that it correctly flips the image *left-to-right* also. Currently, the words/signs on the road are displayed backwards (mirrored). Thanks.

Last edited:
Have the same problem, every time I start the car, I am getting the format warning with a beep, very annoying.

I power my dashcam of the OBD port which is constantly on.

The dashcam turns on when I start the engine, but does not turn off when I turn off engine or lock car.

It would be great if Viofo could add an Auto-Off function with settings of [Off, 30mins, 1hr,2hr,4hr...]

I power my dashcam of the OBD port which is constantly on.

The dashcam turns on when I start the engine, but does not turn off when I turn off engine or lock car.

It would be great if Viofo could add an Auto-Off function with settings of [Off, 30mins, 1hr,2hr,4hr...]

if it was just a timed value to turn off it would turn off while driving at times, better not to connect to a permanent power feed

if it was just a timed value to turn off it would turn off while driving at times, better not to connect to a permanent power feed
Off topic... Regarding the A119S after installing the new firmware update I noticed that the red light on the recording button seems to be very dim now almost hard to see if it's on. Was wondering if this was done intentionally with that firmware update.

Off topic... Regarding the A119S after installing the new firmware update I noticed that the red light on the recording button seems to be very dim now almost hard to see if it's on. Was wondering if this was done intentionally with that firmware update.
Not sure if that's possible, they can turn it on or off in firmware but not sure about changing the brightness

For people who need this it would be useful. It could beep before it turns off to warn user. Some 12v supply's are powered when the car is off.

Have the same problem, every time I start the car, I am getting the format warning with a beep, very annoying.
I had the same problem. I contacted the shop I bought it from and exchanged it. New one is perfect. Sometimes it's not worth messing with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Back