Mini 0805 has issues auto starting

CrzRsn

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Goluk T3 (x2), Mini 0805p
I bought this Mini 0805 off Amazon a couple of weeks ago and its been great, but over the past few days it started having issues with auto starting when I turn my key on. Sometimes it starts recording (flashing blue light), records for a few seconds then stops. Other times it just doesn't start (solid blue light). Each time I press the OK button and it starts recording manually and is fine. I have a 32GB class 6 microSD formatted by the camera, and loop is set to 1min. Any ideas how to fix it?

Which SD card and power supply are you using?

Turns out its a class 10 card. A SanDisk Ultra 32GB MicroSDHC card to be exact. Power supply is this hardwire kit connected to an add-a-fuse plugged into a spare power-on-accessory/run spot in my fuse box.

Last time I started the car, I did notice a error message come up on the screen for the first 2-3 seconds that said "Card size limit for video recording" but then it just went on to record normally.

Not the best choice of card for use in dash cams, I've had issues too in the past with the 0805 when using a Sandisk Ultra red & grey card. You power supply seems to be fine, as long as it's the one linked and not one that just looks like it.

Switch to either a Transcend, Lexar or Samsung class 10 card and factory reset the camera, then recheck.

Thanks for the tip. I'll order a new card ASAP and will report back.

Back