Overlaying Google Maps to Drive Videos

Yeah i am confident its a walk in the park too, i am pretty new to my pinnacle software, but i will soon start to play with multi cam experiments, so this map thing will come in handy.

This is interesting view of how we wish to view the videos and the maps. When I was building my site I thought the map might be primary but thinking about it, it should also be straight forward to create the overlay on the fly as well.

dashcamroads.png

With the popularity of dashcams growing, more variety (competition), better quality cameras, sleeker design, lower cost, the focus will soon shift to improved software. It would be very nice for a manufacturer to add the ability to select if you want the GPS map along with other data to appear over-layed on the footage. Similar to the way snap&shoot cameras today add fancy graphic effects to captured images right inside the camera. Probably 3 or 4 years away but will be nice when its all done with one APP / program. When more dashcam buyers request this type of feature the sooner it will be developed.

Shortage of capable developers is a bigger stumbling block than the desire to deliver better software

With the popularity of dashcams growing, more variety (competition), better quality cameras, sleeker design, lower cost, the focus will soon shift to improved software. It would be very nice for a manufacturer to add the ability to select if you want the GPS map along with other data to appear over-layed on the footage. Similar to the way snap&shoot cameras today add fancy graphic effects to captured images right inside the camera. Probably 3 or 4 years away but will be nice when its all done with one APP / program. When more dashcam buyers request this type of feature the sooner it will be developed.
That is a very good idea. Most cars already have the GPS and maps as part of the navigation system, it should therefore be just a simple matter of integrating the two.

Back