Looking to replace my Panorama G

balakov100

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Panorama G - Street Guardian SGZC12SG
Looking to replace my Street Guardian Panorama G.
Don't know model #.

Looking at
Street Guardian SG9665GC

I guess the sweet spot is around $200.
I could spend more but prefer not to.
I neither need nor want dual cameras.
It's most important to have good video quality day and night.
GPS is a requirement.

Also needs to be a decent upgrade. Otherwise why bother.. Right?
Preferably Amazon for fast shipping lol.
Otherwise will need to wait a month.

The company put a camera in here called Smart Drive outward only. But I still like having my own.

I'm a Truck Driver if it matters.
I usually don't shut my camera off.. Ever.

Can't think of anything else to add.

Last edited:
You can probably stop looking. With your feature and price constraints you'd be hard pressed to find anything better and support would not be as good.

How much would I need to go up in price to get something better?

I can spend some more just prefer not to.

How much would I need to go up in price to get something better?...
I'm not all that familiar with everything in the market so I can't say, nor am I sure there is 'better'. More features maybe (wifi, etc.) but if you want something reliable, with GPS, and good support in the $200 range an SG product is where I'd spend my money.

I'm not all that familiar with everything in the market so I can't say, nor am I sure there is 'better'. More features maybe (wifi, etc.) but if you want something reliable, with GPS, and good support in the $200 range an SG product is where I'd spend my money.

Thanks.
Will see what others think.
I may order tonight.

I'm taking some time off.
Going to be there tommorow.
After that I won't take time off until end of February.

As far as features go. It's nice and all but I don't need the camera to do a ton of stuff.
Just record video and location (along with speed) really.

+1

There are only 2 cams I'd trust running 24/7; Mobius (which I have @ 24/7) and SG (which I don't own but am convinced is better and I believe will take 24/7 equally well). It's not an easy thing for a cam sitting in the hot summer sun somewhere; it takes top-grade components and top-level build quality to function through that and as far as I've seen these two refuse to compromise on those aspects. Mobius doesn't have the GPS you want so.... a SG is in my future and IMHO should be in your future too ;)

Phil

Thanks guys.

I ordered the SG.
Should be here tommorow although I will not be back at work until Thursday.

There are only 2 cams I'd trust running 24/7; Mobius (which I have @ 24/7) and SG (which I don't own but am convinced is better and I believe will take 24/7 equally well). It's not an easy thing for a cam sitting in the hot summer sun somewhere; it takes top-grade components and top-level build quality to function through that and as far as I've seen these two refuse to compromise on those aspects. Mobius doesn't have the GPS you want so.... a SG is in my future and IMHO should be in your future too ;)

Phil
Agree

Back