LUKAS LK09700 keeps rebooting after recording error 2 message

noudw

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hi,
I have a Lukas LK-9700B Duo that's giving me a lot of troubles. I recently updated the firmware to 7.09 and now it wont boot. It says 'error 2' and 'check rear cam' and starts rebooting. I have tried everything that i could think of but it just does not boot. I also low level formatted the SD card, saved the config.bin with correct settings, nothing helps. Even when I unhook the rear cam (off course all in power off) it just reboots after this anoying message. Since I drive a mini convertible I don't have any use for the rear cam. There is no position that it might be of any use.
Ii am convinced this is a software issue, I do get to see an image after it boots but before I can open the Home button, it says the error 2 message check rear cam and all starts over.
Has anyone have a solution for this? I love this unit and really don't want to change to another brand...

Hello noudw.
I have a 9700 and just out of the blue I am getting the "error 2" and "check rear cam" then rebooting. I have not done anything to investigate as this forum was my first stop. I see there was no response to your post and no one else other than you and I have this problem. You must have solved the problem as it has been a couple of months since your post. Anyway, when and if I find out what fixes mine I will get back to this post.

I've owned the 9700 for couple years and it's been a lot of work and frustration to get it to work semi-reliably. The problem you've mentioned is typically a bad SD card. The 9700 I own hast two SD cards, one for the front and one for the rear. Also check to ensure the cables for the rear camera are plugged in properly.

A combination of bad cables from the factory (electrically shorted inside the cable) bad software (regular firmware updates) corrupted files have made owning this unit simply awful, which is why I'm here shopping for something better.

I've owned the 9700 for couple years and it's been a lot of work and frustration to get it to work semi-reliably. The problem you've mentioned is typically a bad SD card. The 9700 I own hast two SD cards, one for the front and one for the rear. Also check to ensure the cables for the rear camera are plugged in properly.

A combination of bad cables from the factory (electrically shorted inside the cable) bad software (regular firmware updates) corrupted files have made owning this unit simply awful, which is why I'm here shopping for something better.

I apologize as I should have posted once I found my problem. I originally thought it was the cable feeding the rear camera. My thoughts were that the cable through movement got pinched (disconnect or shorted) through time and movement of the car. I further blamed it on the cable after I cut the cable up and made it shorter and shorter and plugged it into main camera until once it was down to about 8 feet in length, then the front camera stopped rebooting. I then ordered a new cable thinking I had solved the puzzle. But no, new cable did the same thing.
One site said there definitely was a problem with the main camera and would have to go back to manufacturer. I didn't want to do that because of expense and time and not thoroughly convinced the main camera was the problem.
Anyways I thought I'd replace the rear camera and if that didn't fix it I would pass the camera on to my son as the front camera worked fine without any rear camera plugged in, and then would purchase a new camera for myself.So after contacting a few sites that sold Lukas cameras I did find a spot and got a nice reply from "Ludas Direct" who had a used rear camera that he sold me quite reasonable and to give it a try. Bingo. That was my problem. Whether it was heat or cold or who knows what the original rear camera just stopped working. The used one fixed it up and it has been working great since.
I will say this has been the only issue I have had in almost 3 years. I would buy another Lukas and would use Lukas Direct for my next camera.
Thanks for reading

Back