Video downloads to my phone take WAY TOO LONG

Jc0187

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was trying to get a 5 minute video from my dash cam to download to my iPhone and it took nearly 20 minutes. My download speeds fluctuated from 1.1 Mbps to 10kbps. What determines the speed of downloading?. Is this normal?

Turn off Bluetooth on your phone. My download speed averages around 1.5-2.5 Mbps with Bluetooth off. Let me know if this fixes it for you.

Turn off Bluetooth on your phone. My download speed averages around 1.5-2.5 Mbps with Bluetooth off. Let me know if this fixes it for you.
Ah thank you! I was patiently waiting for someone to reply. I'll definitely give this a shot! Do you have an iPhone? I've heard of various work-a-rounds with android but none, until now, for iPhone.

You should be able to watch the video on your iPhone within about 20 seconds, while it continues to download in the background. Like YouTube buffering....

Well, I can't even watch the video as it streams. It takes nearly as long as downloading. Seriously. I sat there for over 5 minutes just trying to use the playback function. Then I noticed that the 20 seconds worth of video i was able to download, that took nearly 20 minutes, wasn't even saving to my iPhone like it used to do.

You should be able to watch the video on your iPhone within about 20 seconds, while it continues to download in the background. Like YouTube buffering....
Ok! Thanks for the suggestion! Turning off Bluetooth worked like a charm!!

Back