Hot Pixels

Norcofox

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, I have just purchased a SG9665GC V2 and tried it out at night and the image is full of hot pixels in the darker areas?

How can I resolve this?

I'll private message you special instructions. (check your inbox, upper right) I copied @niko since you're in the UK.

Feel free to run it as many times as you want. (Try both hot with the camera on for 10 minutes first or cold). The Sony Sensor is being pushed running at maximum sensitivity so it's pretty tough to get every single pixel 100% perfect without losing night performance. (but you shouldn't have any fully bright ones after this)

The challenge with calibration is when we do them in the factory on a brand new sensor and not every bright pixel shows up in such a short time

as an FYI all sensors have this, Sony acknowledge that it is impossible to avoid based on current manufacturing technology and consider it to be normal, there are other variables as well, see below

the calibration process (calibration is probably an inaccurate description but that's how it is termed) does not actually calibrate the sensor but masks the effect by mapping which pixels show this issue and when the pixels around the affected pixel are dark or light (whichever the case may be) turn off the affected pixel, we have tried an automated process to dynamically mask the pixels as that is an available option in the SDK but we found that when we used it there was a negative impact on overall image quality, it does work fine on some other model sensors so maybe it's something that can be improved, We questioned the engineer about this and the answer was still to do it manually as there hadn't been any progress made on the automated method

Sony Doc:
14jR4pd.jpg

Hi Guys, I have just purchased a SG9665GC V2 and tried it out at night and the image is full of hot pixels in the darker areas?

How can I resolve this?
Let me know if you need any help with CMOS calibration.

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

Hi, I just got my SG9665GC from niko too and I also have a stuck pixel close to the center of the image. Which one of you guys can I contact about the calibration/masking procedure?

Hi, I just got my SG9665GC from niko too and I also have a stuck pixel close to the center of the image. Which one of you guys can I contact about the calibration/masking procedure?
PM sent. Please check.

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

Thx, worked!
Can I delete the generated .RAW files on the sd card root?

I believe I have this issue too. See attachment.

Attachments

• vlcsnap-error725.png
    vlcsnap-error725.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 21
  • vlcsnap-error432.png
    vlcsnap-error432.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
Hi, I recently received a SG9665GC V3 from Amazon (German seller) and noticed at least one "fat" hot pixel and some smaller bright speckles. Info on how to run the calibration would be highly appreciated :)

Hi, I recently received a SG9665GC V3 from Amazon (German seller) and noticed at least one "fat" hot pixel and some smaller bright speckles. Info on how to run the calibration would be highly appreciated :)

Instructions sent via private message check your inbox. I also copied @niko.

I joined this forum 2h ago and already noticed, that you guys respond fast. I had no idea it would be THAT fast :) Now I know I made the right decision - great cam and excellent support. It cannot get better :))

make sure to check it after some run time as the pixels may show differently once the camera sensor warms up

Actually I noticed the hot pixels at the end of a 3h drive into the night.

Today I let the cam record utter darkness for 3h and then ran the calibration. After running the check for hot pixels (lens covered) a pixel count (cnt?) of approx 200 was shown, the second step revealed a cnt of more than 400. Is that a usual amount? Going quickly through the "night" video was fun... First I saw Venus and later on many stars appeared. After calibration everything is pitch black.

Back