SG9665GC Install and Sample vids - 2013 Lancer Ex

clean your lens cam and your windsheild
will do this at the end of the month :).

To keep conditions as close as possible.
latest FW (aka beta 30)
AE: Centered (change)
EV: +1/3
(dirty camera lens.. sort of)

I'll be sticking with this setup as I find the night recording ok to me.
Next to the agenda is pointing the camera down (1-click from current position) to see if the glare is somewhat minimized.

Couple of updates

latest FW ( beta 30)
AE: Centered
EV: +1/3
(dirty windows.. sort of)

More car bonnet (aka Front 1 Click Down)

Less car bonnet (aka Front 1 Click Up)

Will be staying with my original setup (Front 1 Click Up)
I was hoping that with the video showing more dash would improve or lessen the sky (over) exposure.

Finally updated my GC with the latest beta (34).

Sample recording below.
(Default setting)

Night Sample

Day Sample

Mix Sample

Aside from the overexposed sky, which is a non issue for me, I'm happy with my GC.
I guess for now I'll stick with the default setting.

Bonus (interesting recording)

Great thing about reading some thread here is that you wont be surprise to see a known behavior happening to your recording.

I think I have read it's in Feitelijk's thread when there is too much yellow , not sure what exactly this behavior is called (I'll just called it Magenta Flash, w/c I know it is not exactly magenta).

Anyway here are some recording

Here are some interesting recordings.

Night with rain. What I find impressive here is the audio recording. Wife and Son are seated at the back and with some heavy rain, you could clearly hear their voice. Another thing is that I do remember squinting when I was driving in that particular area but the GC seems to handle the oncoming light pretty well (or I need to have my eyes recheck :p).
(btw, its a 5min recording)

Blueish tint has returned. This is the second time that I have catch the blueish tint in my recording, what I find alarming here is that the blue tint did not disappear for the whole duration of the clip (I have to cut the recording when the GPS has been locked). I did see other thread with the same blue tint and seems that there is a fix coming, so hopefully that will be the end of the blue tint.

Blueish tint has returned. This is the second time that I have catch the blueish tint in my recording, what I find alarming here is that the blue tint did not disappear for the whole duration of the clip (I have to cut the recording when the GPS has been locked). I did see other thread with the same blue tint and seems that there is a fix coming, so hopefully that will be the end of the blue tint.

@Feitelijk has been testing a new firmware with a fix for this issue, message me your email address and I'll forward you a copy of it also

I have decided to point my GC one click down and the results are as follow

Note: Recorded on different days
Original Setting

after one click down

IIRC the AE metering was discussed in the SG9665GC firmware updates thread but I can't seem to find the exact post.

What AE metering would you suggest I use in my setup wherein almost 40% of the car hood is seen?

Back