Increase streaming bitrate ?

Gazorby

Reaction score
Country
France
the live view is in 432*240 resolution with a bitrate of ~ 500 Kbps.
Can i increase the bitrate to 2 Mbps for a better streaming quality ? (via autoexec.ash file)
i have tried this but it don't work...
Code:
#set streaming bitrate to 2Mbps
writew 0xC05C1516 0x4080
And is there another solution to improve the streaming quality ?

sorry for my english :)

iirc limitation of a7ls

thanks for your quick reply :)
so, no possinility to improve the streaming quality ?

i am affraid no :( Its RTSP service does not take any parameters and according to Amba datasheet it says, that the chip have "second video streaming at up to WQVGA"

Wouldn't it be possible to swap which stream gets routed where? As in, save the WQVGA stream to SD, and stream the HD stream via RTSP. I bought the Yi for live streaming and I'm pretty disappointed that I'll only be able to do that via HDMI, not Wi-Fi. I don't really care about losing the ability to record to SD, to be honest.

I bought mine too for that purpose. But the streaming quality via wifi isn't good.
I bought a 'Elgato Game Capture Device' for 100€ (used) and it works fine, the picture is perfect...just a little suggestion. But take care of the delay you get (Cam + Capture Device: approx 2sec, so you maybe need a sound offset of 2000ms

I know HDMI streaming works fine, that's why I wrote "I'll only be able to do that via HDMI". I have a bunch of different capture cards, that's not the problem, running 10+ metres of cable and having to dedicate a HDMI capture port to it, when the chip inside is already compressing a 1080p stream and has Wi-Fi access, that's the problem.

Hi after 2 years, did anyone resolve this problem ? HQ stream via Wifi ?

Back