SGZC12RC wiping card?

I'm following this thread and keep checking my camera and it's been a couple of months since last format and I think I also formatted with Fat32 last time around. I'm using PNY 128gb.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

I'm following this thread and keep checking my camera and it's been a couple of months since last format and I think I also formatted with Fat32 last time around. I'm using PNY 128gb.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

thanks for the feedback, much appreciated

I just updated my RC listings to say:
*format 64GB & 128GB cards FAT32

64GB seems to be good so far. (no errors for me as well) At least we have a work around for now.

IMG_0123.JPG

Just echoing IronMan's comments.

The whole idea buying this device was the ability to run it 24/7.

I've also tried everything including two Samsung EVO 128GB cards, and now a lexar 633x 128GB card. Formatted in windows, OSX and in the device itself.

FAT32 is one thing I've not tried, so I will now.

However I will not be buying another one and will be looking elsewhere for my rear looking camera.

I'm running into the format card issue today. I have been running Transcend Premium 400x 64gb for about a month. I put in a Sandisk Extreme 32gb. Lets see how long that one will last.

Manually formatted FAT32 seems to be very stable long term on 64GB/128GB SDXC cards.

32GB cards are SDHC and are FAT32 by default.
(and are extra stable)

Hi all,

After being installed for about 4 months I have been experiencing the same issues as others have reported in this thread - microsd card is being wiped and the unit reports I need to format my card. When I format the card from the unit, it will then tell me to insert a microsd card. When inserting the card into a windows machine it works without issue and windows, minitool partition wizard and hwtest all report the card as being ok. Most recently I formatted the card to FAT32 via minitool partition wizard and the issue reappeared after a day or so not sure on the block size, I'll pay more attention to that after the next format).

Card is a 128gb sandisk ultra card.
Motion detection is off.
G-sensor is Low
Quality is medium
Cycle time is 5 min
Unit is hardwired via a Power Magic Pro unit, which is set to always record until the battery hits 12.4 or 12.2v (don't remember exactly, but it is the highest setting)
Unit is the V2 model.

I will try reformatting and specifying the block size mentioned in this thread, but curious if there are any other solutions? Maybe a firmware upgrade or something?

Thanks

Sandisk Ultra cards are not recommended as they use a proprietary controller that does not follow the SD standard.
Transcend formatted FAT32 are working great.

Hmmm.. thats a shame.. sandisk media has always been reliable for myself.
I'll try the 32gb transcend card that came with the unit to see how that goes.
I have a spare 64gb kingston card, do you know how well they fare in this unit?

Hello,

This is to update that since I have formated my cards into FAT32 using Gui Format utility last year - I have not had a single "please format" errors. My usage has not changed and thus I can report this is a working solution to restore stability and reliability of recording.
Apparently FAT32 is more resilient to sudden power loss, unlike exFAT.

No problem. I felt I had to update for a while already, after being a pain in the a$$ for you Jokiin in this thread.
I hope for no hard feelings. I am back to the brand.

I'm still testing 1.02.05 with fat32/transcend combo on one unit. Anything newer than 1.02.05?

Back