Hardwiring Ground help

wpan1

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I've tried looking around the fuse box and can't find a proper ground bolt. The closest thing is the bolt attaching the fuse box to the car. I'm wondering if I can use that bolt as the ground. The bolt is attached to the car body with a metal washer and the plastic part of the fuse box in the middle.

EDIT: Here's a picture.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6ThjGowY6XyTEdpZU9pMWZ0LVE/view

Last edited:
What car make / model / year?
Best if you can share here a photo of that “bolt place”.

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

...The closest thing is the bolt attaching the fuse box to the car. I'm wondering if I can use that bolt as the ground. The bolt is attached to the car body with a metal washer and the plastic part of the fuse box in the middle.
Generally speaking a connection to the body of the vehicle will be a good ground, but it's always best to confirm before committing.

Generally speaking a connection to the body of the vehicle will be a good ground, but it's always best to confirm before committing.

Okay. I don't have a multimeter, but I guess it would be a good idea to purchase one. Thanks for your help.

Okay. I don't have a multimeter, but I guess it would be a good idea to purchase one. Thanks for your help.
You really don't need a meter (although having one around is not a bad idea), a simple continuity tester will work - disconnect the positive side battery cable 'just in case'. :eek::D

Back