SG9665GC V3

cap1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First outing and hard wired using suction cup obtained from Amazon UK , mounted with velcro at the moment but may use 3M eventually. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B000FGI9R0

Noticed a definite blue colour change at the end of the video! All settings at default

Last edited:
Which exact suction cup have you used, any picture, link ?

Hi @niko , sorry posted before finishing, you should see the link now

Hi @niko , sorry posted before finishing, you should see the link now

Arkon suction cup is a good choice, they are one of most reliable I have been using so far for dashcams DIY projects.

That's a nice suction cup option for wedge mount dashcam systems I'm going to order one to test as well.

Arkon BT010 Bluetooth GPS Receiver/Radar Suction Mount

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B000FGI9R0
d4ecf35589d72063e7edf00c17b53c66.jpg

I left it on the windscreen for several days before hard wiring the cam, never moved at all, and it's on the dotted section of my screen, I removed the covers from the CPL, but never saw one on the main lens. YouTube vid not as good as my original file, but couldn't upload that as too large

Definitely a blue shift as that yellow brick wall takes over the view.

Do you have any pics of how you've used that mount? I'm curious.

Definitely a blue shift as that yellow brick wall takes over the view.

Do you have any pics of how you've used that mount? I'm curious.

Will take a pic tomorrow, bit dark outside now, 10:44 pm here

Well then you already know who won the Super Bowl. No spoilers! :D

Well then you already know who won the Super Bowl. No spoilers! :D
It only started at 11:20pm here, and it's live, so not saying anything

Haha yeah, I know. That was a joke :)

Noticed a definite blue colour change at the end of the video! All settings at default
Yup, and nice recovery as you back up a bit. This would be interesting for jokiin

(Are you allowed to park in front of that exit?)

Yup, and nice recovery as you back up a bit. This would be interesting for jokiin

(Are you allowed to park in front of that exit?)

Its not an exit, it's a parking bay

camsm.jpg 20170206_144345sm.jpg 20170206_144503 withring.jpg Pics of suction cup mounting in car, had to mount this way as sensors on front of mirror.

Interesting I didn't think to try mounting it sideways like that. Is it stable you don't have any wobble or vibration in the video?

Interesting I didn't think to try mounting it sideways like that. Is it stable you don't have any wobble or vibration in the video?

Wasn't aware of any, but will check on a longer journey, I have mounted it using Velcro at moment, but may fit with 3M and maybe use the damping pad if I see any vibrations

Is it further from the glass like this, than with the original thick mount?
My lens filter touches the windshield and prevents aiming the cam at my desired angle

Is it further from the glass like this, than with the original thick mount?
My lens filter touches the windshield and prevents aiming the cam at my desired angle

@daniel_bel , yes it brings it out a good 1/2 to 3/4 inch (12 to 20 mm)

Back