SJCAM SJ7 Star Tester Units arriving tonight

TonyCams

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
We will send out 1-2 tester / prototype units for the SJ7 Star. Please PM me (better yet email tony@sjcamhd.com) if you are an action cam expert and can provide constructive feedback on how to make firmware improvements, find bugs, and maybe even shoot nice footage & edit for youtube channels. If we receive more than 1-2 applicants, they winners will be drawn at random. No linking to affiliate programs other than SJCAMHD.com's for tester units.

We will send out 1-2 tester / prototype units for the SJ7 Star. Please PM me (better yet email tony@sjcamhd.com) if you are an action cam expert and can provide constructive feedback on how to make firmware improvements, find bugs, and maybe even shoot nice footage & edit for youtube channels. If we receive more than 1-2 applicants, they winners will be drawn at random. No linking to affiliate programs other than SJCAMHD.com's for tester units.
At the top resolution the Gitup Git 2 records at approx.36 Mbps-What rate does the Star record at 4 k resolution?

Will be interesting too see, it would be unwise to build a heavy house ( 4K ) on a foundation thats not strong ( low bitrate )

I need to get in contact with the firmware department. Is there an easy way to test this? not so technical, please let us know how to do this :)

SJ7 Star unboxing, SJ7 video clips and comparisons being uploaded as we speak.

It seemed that your associate's thumb touch did not always have a response in the screen. Is that going to be addressed?

It seemed that your associate's thumb touch did not always have a response in the screen. Is that going to be addressed?

Yes, there is a second app video which had the latest firmware. I think that version more sensitive..

"prototype" firmware. We updated it and firmware in this screen will be more responsive in future releases....

:cool:

Man i would love to get my hands on a OLED TV and OLED computer monitor, it is actually the reason as to why i am still on a old CRT monitor, been waiting for years, and now i cant afford to upgrade :(

Can only pray the lotto gods will take pity on me soon, otherwise i an screwed and will have to make do with a regular LCD screen and my 5 year old LG tv.

Dont mind the TV so much after all i dont look that much on it, and there is no 4K channels in the channels i have.
But a nice OLED computer monitor, maybe high res and if that most definitely a bigger GFX card as current one will never be able to do 4K.
Maybe just quantum dot monitor, but those will be expensive too.

I love this camera and I plan to shoot some more things on it real soon. I didn't get a lot of sleep last night so I didn't get a chance to do anything today.

-Nate

Hi guys, We are finally back from the New Year holiday. I am looking forward to catching up on the threads on this forum. Remember that if you have product suggestions, please use the SJ7 Request Form so everything is in one place. Once we have suggestions/fixes, we will translate for our firmware team.

In addition to the forum on the Official SJCAM site, we now have a private forum for SJ7 Testers Only.

Not quite sure on how to use error / suggestion log, i just made some changes to it but they did not seem to get saved, do i save it on my own computer and mail it in to Tony ?

I have downloaded the form and mailed it to Tony today.

will see testers in the private forum.... we have a progress form

Back