Downloading video files with the iOS app

Greg Smith

Reaction score
Country
United States
When you download a video file with the iOS app, where does it go? They are AVI files so they can't end up in the camera roll.

in iOS you generally need to access downloaded files if they are associated with a particular app via iTunes, best to connect to you computer and see what options you have there

Last edited:
Yes you can download the files via iTunes. I was hoping there was some way within iOS to access the files, there doesn't seem to be any way.

you can't view the files from their app once downloaded?

I can't even find them in the app. No indication of what video files or how many have been downloaded to the device. The only way to see them is to connect the iphone to itunes.

I can't even find them in the app. No indication of what video files or how many have been downloaded to the device. The only way to see them is to connect the iphone to itunes.

would have thought the app should at least give some kind of indication even if it couldn't play them, seems odd, could even be a restriction from Apple's side though

bump...I never knew you could download files from your phone to a computer through itunes...makes sense. On another post, I saw someone wasn't able to do this anymore. Anyone else having issues, or if it's working for you, able to tell me how to do it through itunes? I waited too long to manually load from the sd card before the data was recorded over, but the file I want is saved in the ios app.

Btw, I have a 7950wd. iphone se, and 2016 Macbook Pro. Thanks for any help.

Open itunes, connect iphone, then click iPhone, apps, you will see your iPhones apps on the right side, scroll down, documents, click on lukas apps, you will see your files, then just move file to desktop

Attachments

• Näyttökuva 2017-06-13 kello 18.17.45.png
    Näyttökuva 2017-06-13 kello 18.17.45.png
    158.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back