Screensaver speedometer deviation

Gertjan

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I purchased a 0807 because of a broken battery of my 0805.
Works fine on first day. Unfortunately the GPS-mount and the USB connector are different, so I had to rewire my car.

I turned on the screensaver which shows a speedometer.
This speedometer has a deviation of +5 km/h compared to my TomTom and also to the stamp on the record.
The stamp on the record shows 128 km/h, TomTom shows 128 km/h, the screensaver shows 133 km/h driving on cruise control for a long distance.

Anyone knows how to adjust this? This is very odd.

Must be trying to save you from a speeding ticket! Does it match your speedometer? - they normally over read too...

Anyone an useful answer?

Anyone an useful answer?
I had contacted Skyhigh, and was told that the speed displayed was not accurate. Perhaps it will be fixed in a firmware update, but I just turned mine off. I actually prefer this.

I had contacted Skyhigh, and was told that the speed displayed was not accurate. Perhaps it will be fixed in a firmware update, but I just turned mine off. I actually prefer this.
Thanks for you reply, but very strange for a GPS receiver.
Speedstamp is a hundreth accurate and the screensaver has 5 km/h deviation. I should think there would be a direct connection somehow between these indications.
Let's hope it will be fixed in a firmware update.

@Gertjan
User "Joy" is from Skyhigh and takes care of the care cases here in the forum.
Just ask, it always answers very quickly ...

Perhaps the screensaver does not average out the values over a period of time, and instead gives an instantaneous reading.
I would certainly trust the TomTom reading. For a while I was running a radar detector with GPS, the speed it gave was always within 1mph of the TomTom reading.
But to get good readings they need to weigh up how many satellites are being read and how good the signals are, and evaluate the reliability - and then average out the readings over an appropriate amount of time. And if the signals are not good enough, refuse to estimate the speed at all.
If the screensaver is always trying to give fast updates there may be errors.
But if you're saying it's consistently out by a certain percentage, it could be a programming error that needs to be fixed in a firmware update.
Just some thoughts.

I have 2 0807's that are off by 4 or 5 mph. The speed displayed during recorded footage is accurate, but like mentioned, the screen saver speedometer is off. Can this be resolved through firmware, or will the GPS units have to be replaced or fixed? I figured the GPS units should be fine if the recorded on-screen speed is correct.

Back