Feitelijk's SG9665GC

Now that I know, I can't resist.

This looks perfectly fine. Guess there's enough light to keep the color balance in check!

Seriously?!

I suspect your green car may exacerbate the blue shift because of the yellow inherently present in green - that plus the fact that so much of the car is in frame and it seems to affect you more than most people. I too get the blue shift quite a bit but not to the degree you do.

I suspect your green car may exacerbate the blue shift because of the yellow inherently present in green - that plus the fact that so much of the car is in frame and it seems to affect you more than most people.

plausible

Feitelijk you now must paint your car hot pink to avoid this problem in the future :eek: ;) :D

Phil

I think the centre weighting could cut off a bit more off the sky.

My color-vision is questionable, but I'm seeing strong blue in the sky with all other colors shown being much weaker.

Phil

YHGTBFKM
zmfswSD.jpg

Before the tunnel is was ok:

Trigger was coming out of it.

Funny thing was though that recovery was when I was passing a Yellow truck (usually a trigger to go blue)

Back to the V2 for the time being. But I need to do something about the mount.

Yes I will, just noticed this today as the V2 has been in the other car (which has foam) for a while.

Back to the V2 for the time being. But I need to do something about the mount.
I can see a slight vibration when I used your head light to watch

Yes I noticed it comparing to the V3 footage as well. Apparently that is fixed more firmly.
The foam was too thick bot one layer of ducttape worked beautifully!

Any idea's of how to get that last click. The replacement V3 I got this weekend (thanks HiNiko & Jokiin) keeps it's head down just a bit too much.

Oh boy, that's not the sound quality I've gotten used to on the GC's!

As a comparison the V2:

Last edited:
Any idea's of how to get that last click. The replacement V3 I got this weekend (thanks HiNiko & Jokiin) keeps it's head down just a bit too much.

The free movement/play between the clicks is IMO a design flaw, mine too won't stay where I set it, always droops down within a few minutes and too much dash comes into view.

If the new clicking mechanism on the DC is identical to what's being used on the A119 series housing, after 6 months of using the A119S, I can confirm that the mechanism though improved, still remains flawed.

The clicker on my GC was not a problem until I installed the CPL. That took away a millimeter or two and now the best position is in "between" clicks. The design would be fine if it would allow finer adjustment (smaller teeth on the clicker)

...mine too won't stay where I set it, always droops down within a few minutes and too much dash comes into view....
I experience the same. My preferred alignment is 'between clicks' where it will drift down - solved the problem with a bit of tape on the adjustment knob to hold it 'between clicks'.

I agree that there is problem with the adjustment click-stops on these cameras. In fact, on one of my SG9665GC units the spring that holds the lens module in place has lost tension to the point where the lens wobbles up and down on rough roads. The camera needs a better made, more precision mechanism with finer adjustments.

The solution I came up with to fix the wobbly lens module may be useful to anyone wanting to secure the module in place between stop adjustments. I simply used a small wad of Blu-tack pressed in between the lens module and the housing. After doing this the lens module stays securely in place where I want it. The beauty of the fix-it is that you don't need to permanently alter the camera in any way.

I did notice that the wad of Blu-tack was visible from outside my vehicle. While this tiny blue thing on the camera wasn't a big deal I put a small strip of black electrical tape over it and the camera returned to its former stealthiness.

Last edited:
Back