Mini 0806 picture breaking up and stops recording in chunks.

lesgallen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have on-going issues with my dash cam and just looking for a bit of advice before I invest in a different one as I really like the neatness of this product. It intermittently shuts itself down, I suspect because it has stopped recording and when it does record it breaks up badly, it also misses chunks of recording, i.e. picture goes static. I am two Samsung 32 gb. I have downloaded latest firmware, re initialised both cards, it fails on both and reset to default setting. The files are too big to attach but have plenty to demonstrate the problem. Not sure how to upload the file as it is too large.
Many thanks in anticipation
Les Allen

Thanks Merkury, I did that earlier and reformatted the cards at the same time and it did resolve the issue and continued to work ok, I have found that the cards do need to be reformatted from time to time. I have also now changed the settings to use just one card in the "B" slot. All that said I have just installed an Xplore D1 so it will be interesting to see how that goes.

also you have to check radiator. It cowers two chips on top board. One my camera had poor thermal compound contact and one chip ( opposite side Slot B) was always overheated.

I experienced similar problems, and found 2 solutions

intermittent shut down
i have a faulty screen mount. solved by connecting the power supply direct to the camera.

missing chunks of recording
when playing back on my laptop, I experienced the same problem - playback stuttered. Turned out that Quick time player was the problem. Play back on the Cloud runs smoothly, without interruption.

Back