DDPai M6 Plus battery replacement

And that folks is why dash cams need capacitors :)
Not necessarily. I'm always very sceptic when I see pictures like those and people say "it was just 20ºC outside". Sorry, but I don't buy it. That case melted from the inside and the outside temperature on its own could never cause the battery to heat up to the point of being able to melt plastic.

Not necessarily. I'm always very sceptic when I see pictures like those and people say "it was just 20ºC outside". Sorry, but I don't buy it. That case melted from the inside and the outside temperature on its own could never cause the battery to heat up to the point of being able to melt plastic.

that plastic is melted due to the battery igniting from thermal runaway, the ambient temp is a catalyst to this happening while powered, it's more likely to happen in a lower quality battery that has contaminates in the material during manufacture

that plastic is melted due to the battery igniting from thermal runaway, the ambient temp is a catalyst to this happening while powered, it's more likely to happen in a lower quality battery that has contaminates in the material during manufacture
So the cause of the melting had more to do with the battery's poor manufacturing than with the fact that it was a dashcam with a battery.

So the cause of the melting had more to do with the battery's poor manufacturing than with the fact that it was a dashcam with a battery.

the melting is because it caught fire, poor quality batteries suffer this issue more readily, using it in this environment makes failure more likely, so really it's a combination of things that lead to failure

I disassembled the registrar. everything is very simple. Be careful, you can break the clamp.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    576.4 KB · Views: 69
RC helicopters have the same batteries ;)

Sent from my Z3

Doesn't surprise me the battery explosion. On 24C day I am damn sure my DDPai M6+ was close to that scenario it was so hot. Was so damn happy when the M6+ failed completely.
English translated webpage: http://tinyurl.com/la4y9r7
Thankfully no such issues with the replacement VIOFO A119s with capacitors.

"Doesn't surprise me the battery explosion. On 24C day I am damn sure my DDPai M6+ was close to that scenario it was so hot. Was so damn happy when the M6+ failed completely."

It does surprise me. I have lots of these batteries in RC aeroplanes etc.

99.9% of the time, they fail only from abuse, either physical damage or overcharging.
I've never had one fail.
And trust me when I say they get damned hot in RC planes and helicopters- I just let them cool before trying to recharge. I seriously doubt your camera was in any danger of a meltdown in 24C weather, LOL

The vast majority of dash cams have these batteries and failures are VERY rare.
You're probably more likely to win Lotto.

Having the quick magnetic release is great, and it makes sense to remove it when parking in very hot conditions, takes only seconds.

TTFN

how do you get it to record for a minute after power disruption. mine shuts down within seconds of depowering.

how do you get it to record for a minute after power disruption. mine shuts down within seconds of depowering.
Your battery is dead. Thats why

My M6 is hardwired and in park mode it does not get hot, even when its been on all night.

UPDATE: I made this post when the weather was cool and under those conditions, the M6 works fine. However, on a sunny day the M6 gets very, very hot and as others have mentioned, goes into some kind of spasm, will not record and repeats a phrase in Chinese. When it cools down, it works fine. Clearly there is something seriously wrong with the design and I do not feel confident using it on a hot or sunny day. In fact I now take it out and no longer use 'park mode'.

Last edited:
I am thinking about buying M4.

What do you think about this mod? Will it work also with M4?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00JG7CRYU
31jZNCWtnPL._SX425_.jpg

M6+ from inside
500_wKjBxFbb9Z6AcdZdAAGvWHtlG5M749.jpg

Back