recording problem (corrupted files) on A118C

More likely in 15 years we'll have 'infinibyte' cards that link directly to the web via satellite with unlimited cloud storage. :D
i know you're joking, but come on, MegaCorps will never let that happen. they'll still charge us for every single bit.

they're already trying to force it by making more and more phones that don't have very much local storage, and no SD slot either. i won't buy a phone that doesn't have an SD card slot. of course, i'm still rockin a galaxy s3... with a 7500mah battery that lasts 3 days between charges. unless i play games with fancy graphics... then i only get a day and a half. :p

i know you're joking, but come on, MegaCorps will never let that happen. they'll still charge us for every single bit....
I was joking - but - you should notice I did not say free unlimited storage, I know better than that. The future will probably be enough local storage for the OS and everything else will be in cloud $torage. :(

So far, this only seems to have affected my rear camera. I picked up a Kingston SD card today, to see if that makes any difference.

FYI, I haven't seen this since I switched to the 128GB Kingston card. It does look like it may be Sandisk-specific.

kind of suspected you had a fake card

Bought next day 32GB SanDisk card and when was checking its content couple days I didn't see any issue. Now dashcam works as expected.

where can I read why?

they have a different controller chipset which a lot of dashcams have issues with, also with most cards if they get a bad sector the card will mark that sector not to be used and the card continues to work, Sandisk cards will set the card to read only meaning it no longer works and you need to send it back

more than 75 % of the video files are broken,
using sandisk 64gb memory card original ( bought it from retial location ) and also bought the dashcam from gearbest last month. very bad voice quality with lot of distortion

Attachments

• brokenfiles.png
    brokenfiles.png
    329.6 KB · Views: 9
quite possible you have a faulty camera, that said though Sandisk cards are not recommended for these

I've got the same problem as Budster. I noticed it started in winter. I am wondering if it can be temperature-related? .. However, having the heating in my car on doesn't seem to help much. :(

Some users feedback us it can be solved if playback video files in camera itself before playback on computer.

Back