JOOVUU X RF interference

Ian Brown

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. Is the Joovuu x CE marked and doesn't kick out loads of rf interference? My original Mobius ended up in the bin due to it interfering with my Sat nav. Thanks

My original Mobius ended up in the bin due to it interfering with my Sat nav.
What a waste. Someone here would've paid you the postage to send them the Mobius to put it to good use in their car.

My JVX, mounted on the front windscreen, causes a quite a bit of interferance to my radio (we only ever use FM) and the aerial is a wire style antena on the roof at the rear. It's not so bad that I can't live with how it is, but, it is annoying at times when my car can't pick up a station clearly where normally it would. My previous camera, a Blacksys CF-100 2CH + GPS, caused zero interferance. I don't see why I should have to mod my car or anything else to fix a problem that the camera is causing.

My JVX, mounted on the front windscreen, causes a quite a bit of interferance to my radio (we only ever use FM) and the aerial is a wire style antena on the roof at the rear. It's not so bad that I can't live with how it is, but, it is annoying at times when my car can't pick up a station clearly where normally it would. My previous camera, a Blacksys CF-100 2CH + GPS, caused zero interferance. I don't see why I should have to mod my car or anything else to fix a problem that the camera is causing.

Oh dear. that sounds like my old Mobius then, another one to avoid. Is it CE marked making it legal to sell in the UK? I replaced my Mobius with a mini 0806 and it's been perfect, no interference to radio or Sat Nav. I was looking for something else to fit in another car, maybe another 0806 would be the best option.

JooVuu is a UK based company so I'd presume it was legally allowed to be sold. It's cold, wet and windy outside so I'm not going out to check the camera, however, there is a CE and RoHS marking on the back of the Quick Start guide.

Back