Having some issue with my nano Q

Sudhanshu

Reaction score
Country
India
I am having some issue with my nano Q ,
First of all let me tell you it is the best camera but from last month it is giving me a very hard time .
The first problem I am facing is in recording . Recorded files have too much brightness in it (bright and not focused).I can see the same on nanoQ screen even I stop the recording.I have to reset it everytime when I watch this . After reset it works fine. All recordings are normal afterwards until it happens again.
Another issue I am facing is it automatically set the loop recording to continue without any warning so when the card is full it doesn't record any more . Again I have to set the loop recording manually for 3 or 5 min .
My last problem is a wired restarts in the morning. I have a hard wire kit installed without the parking guard . Camera turns on when I turn on the ignition. In the morning when I start the car camera start it self normally but after few seconds it turns off automatically then turn on after few 10-20 sec. Then after few minutes it turns off again and start itself after 10-20 sec. Process repeat itself for until I drive the car for at least 20KM. First I thought it might be my cars battery which might be dead but it's not I have replaced the battery but it did not helped . No wiring issue either because after driving 15-20 min. it works normally.
One thing that I have noticed is when I start it first time in the morning it shows 2° C then 1° C and then 0° C on the screen under the WDR and above the recording time left display on lower right corner.

I am using the latest firmware though I do not think that it started happening after the firmware update it happened on older firmware.

What am I doing wrong here , any help is highly appreciated.

too much brightness

loop recording to continue without any warning so when the card is full it doesn't record any more

Hi,

the same problem. But problem, I think, in resetting settings in nanoq.
The date come early (2016 01 01) than last (2017 03 20) saved files. And nonoq don't know how to delete files early
than current date (2016 01 01). SD card already full, so nanoq does not save file with current date (2016 01 01).
Also after resetting settings I see changed other parameters:
EXPOSURE COMPENSATION: +2.0 !!! (so you see too much brightness);
LOOP RECORDING: OFF;
GPS STAMPING: OFF;
G-SENSOR SENSITIVITY: OFF;
and so on.

For savings settings in nanoq are two small "tablet" batteries: one in GPS box, other inside nanoq (pic from lacibaci collection).

I guess nanoq "tablet" battery is faulty, so settings not saved correctly or resets to defaults.

It's only my thoughts. Maybe other have other point of view...

Last edited:
Exactly same symptoms here, is it the firmware, using the latest?

-eelis-

I think this camera is not ready for mass market, it has so many flaws.
I'm starting to look some DECENT cameras, these 'mistakes' are getting too costly in the end.

-eelis-

Hi

Something like this happend when I ram the camera with the 24v setting?

Cheers

Something like this happend when I ram the camera with the 24v setting?

you can use cigar charger or hardwire kit to power the camera with 24V input

Back