What do the symbols on screen mean?

walkjp1

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Is there a guide anywhere showing what all the symbols on the screen mean? Because I cannot find it in any of the manuals.

Thank you

I don't think there's any manual about them. Most symbols are self-explanatory, what are the ones you want to know the meaning of?

Having problems with mine not recording properly. Now I see a symbol for a memory card?

With most of the G1Wx cams, a memory card problem it finds will be shown in text during the start-up period. That message may disappear after several seconds leading you to believe that things are OK when they aren't. As there are several different firmwares for these cams the symbols seen may vary. Usually there's one denoting the resolution (default is "1080"). Another shaped like a battery indicates the battery's state of charge (it will blink constantly on capacitor equipped models but goes to steady red when the battery is fully charged on the battery equipped models). "WDR" will be displayed when that function is enabled (default is on). There's a blinking red dot on many of these cam screens to indicate video recording is occurring; it goes to solid red when in standby (this usually mimics the separate red LED recording light on the case). IIRC the date or time is also displayed. Honestly the only symbolss which have much use are the red recording dot and the charging indicator; the rest will stay at whatever you set them at so there's no real need to show you them consonantly. Most of the symbols just make the display look 'flashier'.

Phil

Having problems with mine not recording properly. Now I see a symbol for a memory card?

What card are you using? Is it new? And have you checked the card by playing it on your computer to see if it is recording properly? With all the G1W series cams the cards should be in FAT32 format which is not native to cards larger than 32GB so if you have a larger card you might need to reformat it on your computer first.

Phil

Honestly the only symbolss which have much use are the red recording dot and the charging indicator; the rest will stay at whatever you set them at so there's no real need to show you them consonantly. Most of the symbols just make the display look 'flashier'.

Phil
You're forgetting the card's remaining record time, Loop Recording enable/disabled and the clock. Along with the red dot, these are the most important. :)

I had a 64 GB card that was not recording properly. Changed it to a 32GB. Have not checked recordings yet. Was just wondering why I am seeing the symbol for a memory card on the screen?

Can you take some pictures of the camera's screen and post them here? It will be easier to understand the problem, if there's one, and answer your questions.

Everything is fine now that I changed the memory card to 32G.. May try changing the formatting on the 64G to see if it will work then.

Back