G1WHT - SD Card Full, need to reformat each week

You're forgetting that in the event of a serious accident, if the vehicle's power isn't cut immediately someone will quickly switch off the ignition, therefore it's very unlikely the camera will keep recording long enough to overwrite the accident's footage, or anything, for that matter.
I'm not forgetting anything so don't be so patronising.
Obviously that's your ideal scenario but real life situations don't always work out like you hope... hence that's why virtually all vehicle cameras have a g-sensor.
If it wasn't for the g-sensor in my G90 the guy who hit my car whilst it was parked in an airport car park for several days would've got away with it as my card only record 19 hours of video.
The g-sensor did its job and locked the footage from being overwritten and he was caught... so you'll never win me over with your argument.
The g-sensor in my G1WHT works well when it's used in the front, but I use mine in the rear window of my MPV and the slamming of the rear door triggers it.

If it wasn't for the g-sensor in my G90 the guy who hit my car whilst it was parked in an airport car park for several days would've got away with it as my card only record 19 hours of video.
The g-sensor did its job and locked the footage from being overwritten and he was caught... so you'll never win me over with your argument.
Of course I won't. I replied to your comment about the G-sensor's usefulness in car crashes and you counter-replied with a parking situation, which is completely different.

G-sensors are notorious for either being too sensitive, filling your card with locked files without you noticing in normal driving, or in not being sensitive enough to lock anything less than a severe crash. That varies among all cam types (some are better than others) and is dependent on your vehicle ride, road conditions you encounter, and your driving style.

It's not something to be trusted until you do a real-world test yourself and see how yours behaves.

Using it has one unrelated advantage- if you want to lock a file whole driving, instead of trying to find and press a small button, just reach over and give the cam a good whack, setting off the G-sensor and locking that file ;)

@DeLorean: I learned what your listed location was after listening to a band called "The Jam" mentioning it in a song- some really good music which sadly ended too soon. I recall reading that they have finally closed it which was probably a good idea.

Phil

I have the same model & firmware as the OP and have the same issue.

Model: G1WHT
Firmware: G1WHT-301-150629V01LD

One thing that I've noticed is the "lock" icon displays on the recording even if I have G-Sensor set to OFF. Has anyone found an updated firmware for this specific dashcam?

EDIT: For anyone who is interested, parking mode was enabled which caused the lock icon to display for most videos. Disabling that seems to have resolved my issue.

Last edited:
Back