G1W reloaded: Viofo G1W-S with Sony IMX323 CMOS

Got one from SpyTec on Amazon. It looks good, details could be sharper, but it has the fish-eye effect that is quite a bit more obvious when viewing than my Rexing F9 that has a wider FOV. At night it does pick up a lot more detail than the F9. Overall it does a decent job. Here are 2 screen captures to show what the fish-eye effect looks like compared to the Rexing. Same intersection, look at the light pole to the left.
G1W-S:
WqQhVm7.png

Rexing F9:
imdDaUE.png

Last edited:
Hey Everyone, the Official VIOFO G1W-S is now for sale via Amazon / OCD Tronic. Stock just arrived with Amazon so a few are available today. Many more will be available over the next few days as the new inventory is processed and distributed around Amazon.

Search Amazon for: "VIOFO G1W-S 2017" or "B01MUSMZHQ"

Got one from SpyTec on Amazon. It looks good, details could be sharper, but it has the fish-eye effect that is quite a bit more obvious when viewing than my Rexing F9 that has a wider FOV. At night it does pick up a lot more detail than the F9. Overall it does a decent job. Here are 2 screen captures to show what the fish-eye effect looks like compared to the Rexing. Same intersection, look at the light pole to the left.
G1W-S:
WqQhVm7.png

Rexing F9:
imdDaUE.png
great stuff there mate, i have noticed the same with the IMX322 sensor it tends to make images look like its tinted blue --- but its miles better at picking up more light at night. I believe the IMX323 sensor is just a lower-cost version of the IMX 322 - no notable differences between the two.

I want to see the original video, not YouTube

@alexsoll You can PM us directly,and we will take this raw video from G1W-S for you!

I'm about to order another cam and it will be either this one or another Mobius :) Viofo hasn't been very active on DCT of late which makes me wonder what will happen if there are problems with this cam. I want something with good manufacturer support- that means a lot to me. I know I can trust Jon and OCD- they're great- but it would be nice if Viofo were more like Jokin with Street Guardian or Isoprop with Mobius. I've experienced a lack of manufacturer support with another cam and I certainly don't want to go through that again. I'll make my decision in the next day or two if something doesn't drain the budget of cam money in that time.

Good specs with this cam and good low-light performance at the best prices right now plus a well-known basic design makes buying a G1W-S hard to resist ;) I just wonder what's up with Viofo.

Phil

Just bought one of these as a test product for future resale to my customers, trying to find out what is the best class card it will take for future reference, although Viofo has informed me to use a 64gb transcend card, its the class I need as I am a wear some cams have issues with diffident classes. any advice will be more than welcome guys.

Just bought one of these as a test product for future resale to my customers, trying to find out what is the best class card it will take for future reference, although Viofo has informed me to use a 64gb transcend card, its the class I need as I am a wear some cams have issues with diffident classes. any advice will be more than welcome guys.

all development and testing of the Viofo cameras are done using the current Transcend 400x cards, those are the model you should use

If Amazon is correct, mine should arrive tomorrow. I'll be using a 400X pulled from another G1Wx cam cleaned and reformatted since I'm out of extra cards and that is my newest one. I guess I need to get more cards this weekend if they're available and affordable ;)

Does anybody know of a Gmail user can have more than one YouTube account? I'll be needing to post comparison vids soon :D

Phil

If Amazon is correct, mine should arrive tomorrow. I'll be using a 400X pulled from another G1Wx cam cleaned and reformatted since I'm out of extra cards and that is my newest one. I guess I need to get more cards this weekend if they're available and affordable ;)

Does anybody know of a Gmail user can have more than one YouTube account? I'll be needing to post comparison vids soon :D

Phil

A single gmail account/e-mail will give you only one YT account. While the YT one is unlimited uploads, the Google Drive caps at 15GB, that's if you're planning to upload RAW videos too.

Drats. I wanted to just re-name my YT channel but that's nearly impossible which is why I asked about a second channel. It seems that I may have to delete my existing channel then create a new one. I can use mega.nz for the raw files but I wanted something user-friendly for the general public like YT since pretty much everyone can view it.

Phil

Just create a second gmail account. I probably have 4 or 5 on Yahoo that I use for different purposes.

May have to do that- yet another password to remember though which with my tired old brain is as daunting a challenge as climbing Everest :rolleyes:

Phil

May have to do that- yet another password to remember though which with my tired old brain is as daunting a challenge as climbing Everest :rolleyes:

Phil
Use the same P/W for both accounts.

Back