What "brand" and seller Mini 0805 is best in the US?

CrzRsn

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Goluk T3 (x2), Mini 0805p
Back story. I owned an E-Prance 0803 since June 2014 and it was great. When it died in early January 2017, I bought an Arpenkin 0805 off Amazon for $55, however it had issues from day 1. It started off with always showing an error on the screen at boot up saying the card cannot be used, but then it used the card anyways. It did this with multiple different brand cards, all 32GB class 10. About 2-3 weeks later, the battery died, but the camera still kept working when plugged in. Now the camera only records 13 second clips and skips the other 47 seconds of the 1-minute loop setting which makes it essentially useless. It totally skipped over an incident I saw last Friday. That was the last straw. I started the RMA process with the 3rd party Amazon seller about 2 weeks ago, but it has been really difficult to deal with them, so today I finally contacted Amazon and they were able to issue a return for me.

I've been looking at a few other dashcams to replace this one with, but I really like the Mini series because I have bases mounted in all my cars, and I can just move the camera from car to car really easily. The Mini is also the best at hiding entirely behind my rearview mirror which is a must have for me (A119S is too big). None of the other cameras I've been looking at meet my needs quite as good as the Mini series, but I'm annoyed at how quickly my 0805 died. Looking online I'm seeing tons of different "brands" of these cameras (Adashine, ChiTronic, not branded at Gearbest, SplashETech, KAWIS). What are the differences, which is the best and which seller has the best support?

The other camera I'm currently considering is the GoLuk T2.

With demanding: reliable, steal, and a pretty good image without GPS. You may consider mobius 1 or 2.
Nigh footage maybe not as good as 0805 but you need not be worry about it like you did with 0805.

I've been looking at a few other dashcams to replace this one with, but I really like the Mini series because I have bases mounted in all my cars, and I can just move the camera from car to car really easily. The Mini is also the best at hiding entirely behind my rearview mirror which is a must have for me (A119S is too big).

Wedge shaped cameras like the A119S are slightly bigger than a 0805 but with just 1/3 of the camera below the dotted area, IMO it looks a lot more discreet.

GC 016.png
GC 015.png

SG9665GC, A119S and Mobius M2. (L to R)

GC 017.png

Wedge shaped cameras like the A119S are slightly bigger than a 0805 but with just 1/3 of the camera below the dotted area, IMO it looks a lot more discreet.

they fit into smaller spaces also due to being right on the window so will often fit behind a mirror where a mini series cam won't so even though the Mini is small it doesn't always equal less space

I'm not worried about appearance from the outside, but from the driver's seat. The wedge shaped cameras (A118C, A119, Rexting V1) are too tall to hide entirely behind my rearview mirror and will stick out either on top or on bottom. I was very happy with the video quality of the 0805 before it stopped working, and the package dimensions are ideal for my preference, so I would like to stick with it, but maybe a different version that won't fail as quickly as my first one did.

Also to follow up on my OP in this thread, I reviewed all the memory cards I used in my last camera, and found out that they're all cheap and old, so maybe it was not my camera but just dead cards (average age of all my cards is 2 years). I will be buying a brand new Transcend High Endurance or Lexar 633x with my new dashcam regardless of make/model so that I don't end up using a worn out card. This video actually helped me understand that a lot better.

What are the differences, which is the best and which seller has the best support?
Buy Mini 0805 for foxoffer, they have the Viofo version which I consider is the best.

enjoy,
Mtz

Didn't know VIOFO also makes the 0805. What's different about it?

they don't make it but from memory they were dealing directly with the original manufacturer of the product that was doing it for them, a lot of the other ones in the market come from factories that just buy some of the components from the OEM and then do the rest themselves, component quality, build quality, QC, QA etc can vary quite a lot

Really a sad state of affairs with multiple manufacturers and assemblers dishing out the same model with varying degrees of quality and reliability.

Really a sad state of affairs with multiple manufacturers and assemblers dishing out the same model with varying degrees of quality and reliability.

it's a bit of a catch 22, they give access to others so they can help get a return on investment costs for R&D, tooling, development etc, but then you get 3rd parties putting out sub standard versions of the product that ends up tarnishing the model, in the end the biggest loser is the customer

We didn't make it, we get this from original mini manufactures.

it's a bit of a catch 22, they give access to others so they can help get a return on investment costs for R&D, tooling, development etc, but then you get 3rd parties putting out sub standard versions of the product that ends up tarnishing the model, in the end the biggest loser is the customer

My 0805 experience hasn't been great either...

Buy Mini 0805 for foxoffer, they have the Viofo version which I consider is the best.

enjoy,
Mtz

Thank you for the tip. Just want to make sure before I click the buy button, this is the one you are referring to?

my Splashetech branded mino 0805 just died, trying to find the best replacement. Amazon doesn't have stock or mine or the E-Prance ones anymore, figured gearbest might be the best option to replace it quickly?

my Splashetech branded mino 0805 just died, trying to find the best replacement. Amazon doesn't have stock or mine or the E-Prance ones anymore, figured gearbest might be the best option to replace it quickly?
buy A119. It's good. 1440p.

buy A119. It's good. 1440p.

thanks for the suggestion but i wanted to stick with the 0805. what i meant for suggestion was, what "brand" or reseller of the mini 0805 is a good one to try.

try to ask spytec then

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tetra Mini 0805 16
tooshy Mini 0805 28
Back