Blackvue app and Android 7.X compatibility?

Tephra

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hey Guys,

Anyone else run Android 7+ and have problems with the Blackvue app not wanting to connect to the camera?

I find, that once I connect via WiFi the app wont ever reconnect (if I close it)...

To be able to connect in after the first time I have to manually "Forget" the wifi network (in Android settings) and then have the app connect.

It's really annoying, blackvue support are saying its a compatibility problem with Nexus 6P's... which I find amusing, since they run stock/vanilla android.. so if your going to support anything that should be your baseline.

I tend to think that they just haven't tested the app against android 7+ yet, and SDK changes have caught them out.

I am pretty tempted to create a little app to go and delete the DR650 hotspot network/SSID from my device once/if the blackvue app isn't open.. but really that sort of workaround shouldn't be necessary.

I have to say, for the $$$ that I spent on this thing I expected a lot more, especially in the after sales support department!

Regs
D.

I run a Nexus 5x on 7.1.1 and if I just open the apk to WiFi its hit or miss.
If at home and it misses I have to connect to my home wireless and try again.
Its like it wants to swap to its WiFi from mine.

If away from home it just works. I'm rooted and run the PureNexus Rom.

Hey Guys,

Anyone else run Android 7+ and have problems with the Blackvue app not wanting to connect to the camera?

I find, that once I connect via WiFi the app wont ever reconnect (if I close it)...

To be able to connect in after the first time I have to manually "Forget" the wifi network (in Android settings) and then have the app connect.

It's really annoying, blackvue support are saying its a compatibility problem with Nexus 6P's... which I find amusing, since they run stock/vanilla android.. so if your going to support anything that should be your baseline.

I tend to think that they just haven't tested the app against android 7+ yet, and SDK changes have caught them out.

I am pretty tempted to create a little app to go and delete the DR650 hotspot network/SSID from my device once/if the blackvue app isn't open.. but really that sort of workaround shouldn't be necessary.

I have to say, for the $$$ that I spent on this thing I expected a lot more, especially in the after sales support department!

Regs
D.
I have nexus 6P and wifi connection is like your experience. Connects, then next time not. Getting incorrect pin or password error flashing on my phone. Argh. I disabled my cellular network to get initial pairing to work, else no first pairing. I have other apps where i have an old ipad just to work around poor android support. When vendor connects to current android they don't expect the frequent updated we get, especially on nexus. Hope someone finds a workaround for this mess.

Back