Viofo A118C2 Video Review

USDashCamera

Reaction score
Country
United States

Another review here of a budget camera. I love the A118 and this one has some decent upgrades including a first party CPL accessory. @BlackboxMyCar sent this one for review who sells this bundled with a 16 GB memory card for $90USD which makes it a hard sell against the A119, or even the old A118C which you can get for $60 (or less I'm sure if you shop around). But it's nice to see an incremental upgrade to the aging A118C which I still recommend to people.

Now when it comes to price, it's hard to judge, because I normally go off of Amazon prices. I have been screwed over on ebay with fake products or bad sellers, and some chinese retailers have been known to have issues. I know you can get an A119 for cheaper if you look hard enough so its hard to justify the A118C2, but if we are strictly speaking big retailers like Amazon, I do like the A118C2 and the new lens + 64gb support, but personally I would get the A119 even if I was paying $100. But I know this cam you can get for cheaper if you shop around too. If you really want to save money and are ok with just decent 1080p the original A118C might be the best option still.

All in all, it sits between the A118C and the A119 (but obviously closer to the A118C), its all going to come down to how cheap you are willing to go.

Check out the video for all my comments.

Thanks for the review!
Definitely agree with you on that one, I guess if you are buying 10 or 20 for a fleet, saving the $20 per unit may be more significant but for the average consumer it doesn't really make sense to pick it over the A119.

Back