Accessing 0807 Menu connecting to PC via USB cable

Phildo

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Hi All, I just updated to an 0807 after my 0806 decided to die (assume it got too hot in recent Aussie v hot summer weather). Yes I know I should remove it on these days and I normally do but forgot to a few days in a row :-(((

1. As my minicam 0807 is situated on the windscreen behind a very large rear view mirror/video screen I cannot easily adjust the Minicam's menu options in fact its almost impossible to see the screen. I want to be able to update the menu options with the camera out of the car and getting its power via USB from my laptop.

I have plugged the 0807 into my laptop via the USB cable provided and I can see the two SD cards as drives F: (new Lexar 633x 32GB and G: old one from 0806 and has files on it SanDisk Ultra 32GB) and can view the files on each card.

The screen on the 0807 is blue with white lettering saying USB connecting ..... and I cannot get the menu up - can anyone help please ?

2. I assume I can plug the 0807 into the same hardwired connection I used to use for my 0806 - the mini USB connector appears to be the same. It connects into 12V when car is started.

Phil

OK so I resolved number 1 by plugging the 0807 into a normal USB charging adapter plugged into normal power.

I assume my laptop only regards the 0807 as 2 Mass Storage Devices i.e. the 2 SD cards.

Number 2 also seems ok on that thge 0807 powers up/off when plugged into the previous hard wired connection (accessories on car) I used to use with my 0806 with a mini USB at the 0807 end.

Last edited:
and now I plug the 0807 into my laptop using the same USB that was provided with the camera - it will now power up and start videoing as if it was in the car - will now also allow me to access the menu and make setup changes BUT it is no longer recognised by my PC as having external mass storage devices i.e. G and H drives ?

This does not make sense ?

and now I plug the 0807 into my laptop using the same USB that was provided with the camera - it will now power up and start videoing as if it was in the car - will now also allow me to access the menu and make setup changes BUT it is no longer recognised by my PC as having external mass storage devices i.e. G and H drives ?

This does not make sense ?

Hi, make setup changes, you can plug the car charger into the USB port in the camera, not need to remove the GPS bracket or connect the PC.
you can try another PC to check if the camera could be regonized?

thanks Bella - I have been on the road these last few days and since my return home :

1) the PC recognises both cards and I can view, copy , delete the files using "File Manager"
2) As suggested, I am able to make setup changes on the camera by plugging the camera into a USB
3) BUT, I noticed as I was driving that the camera made the on/off sounds at random moments as if the power supply (hard-wired into accessories) had been temporarily cut then re-commenced. On viewing the actual files on the cards there are several files of only 20,xxx KB and some stop at random sizes not the full 3 minutes worth ?? Any ideas on why this would be happening and/or a fix would be appreciated.

thanks Bella - I have been on the road these last few days and since my return home :

1) the PC recognises both cards and I can view, copy , delete the files using "File Manager"
2) As suggested, I am able to make setup changes on the camera by plugging the camera into a USB
3) BUT, I noticed as I was driving that the camera made the on/off sounds at random moments as if the power supply (hard-wired into accessories) had been temporarily cut then re-commenced. On viewing the actual files on the cards there are several files of only 20,xxx KB and some stop at random sizes not the full 3 minutes worth ?? Any ideas on why this would be happening and/or a fix would be appreciated.

Hi Phildo,

use car charger also have this problem?
can you make a video for our reference, pls send to my mailbox bella.wong@skyhigh-global.com. thanks.

Hi Phildo,

use car charger also have this problem?
can you make a video for our reference, pls send to my mailbox bella.wong@skyhigh-global.com. thanks.
Hi Bella, can you please let me know what you would like me to video please? there are a few items I have mentioned and I'm not sure which one you would like me to
video. Phil

Hi Bella, can you please let me know what you would like me to video please? there are a few items I have mentioned and I'm not sure which one you would like me to
video. Phil

The third point.
if use car charger, still have such problem? always have this problem or just sometimes?
Pls send me email about it in details, thanks in advance.

Back