SG9665GC V3 Dash Reflection and Night performance issues

RedSeal

Reaction score
Country
Australia
First post to forum; hello. :)

Got the CPL on at ALL times.

Any tips to improve the Dash reflection issue during the days and poor light performance at night?

Thank you in advance.

P.S. The sticker provided on the mount bracket often comes away from the plastic mount. I'm forever pushing it to reapply.

Attachments

• sg-1.jpg
    sg-1.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 58
  • sg-2.jpg
    sg-2.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 59
Reapply or use new 3M sticker when plastick of the mount is not cold. Push and hold sticker for few minutes, then leave in room for overnight for adhesive to get full grip. Only next day use mount.

Dashcam CPL not going to remove dash reflection 100%. Its depends on dashboard style, windshield angle, sun position etc.

First post to forum; hello. :)

Got the CPL on at ALL times.

Any tips to improve the Dash reflection issue during the days and poor light performance at night?

Thank you in advance.

P.S. The sticker provided on the mount bracket often comes away from the plastic mount. I'm forever pushing it to reapply.

Consider adding a dash mat to augment the effect of the CPL. It will dramatically reduce your dash board reflection problem.

make sure to clean the surface with something like metho or an alcohol wipe and apply a new adhesive once it's dry, press and hold it firmly for a few minutes and leave overnight before putting the mount on, if you need another adhesive just shoot us a message and we'll put one in the post for you

Consider adding a dash mat to augment the effect of the CPL. It will dramatically reduce your dash board reflection problem.

A dash mat is a double bonus in that it protects the dashboard from UV deterioration and significantly reduces glare.

make sure to clean the surface with something like metho or an alcohol wipe and apply a new adhesive once it's dry, press and hold it firmly for a few minutes and leave overnight before putting the mount on, if you need another adhesive just shoot us a message and we'll put one in the post for you
I will take you up on this. Almost falling off the car interior roof.

A dash mat is a double bonus in that it protects the dashboard from UV deterioration and significantly reduces glare.
The problem with dash mat is a lot of cars now a day have multiple audio speakers, and there are usually 2 or 3 speakers on the dashboard (like my car). A dash mat will cover up those speakers and muffle the sound :(

The problem with dash mat is a lot of cars now a day have multiple audio speakers, and there are usually 2 or 3 speakers on the dashboard (like my car). A dash mat will cover up those speakers and muffle the sound :(

Actually, a number of manufacturers offer vehicle specific, custom designed dash mats that accommodate speaker grills, vents, sensors, clocks and other common features found on typical dashboards.

Care to share a link of somebody operating in Europe?

If you're asking where to buy a dash mat in Europe, I'm afraid I don't know. The only vendors I know of are in the US and they would only sell for left hand drive vehicles, at any rate.

Perhaps eBay or Amazon? @niko might know of a good European dash mat supplier?

If you're asking where to buy a dash mat in Europe, I'm afraid I don't know. The only vendors I know of are in the US and they would only sell for left hand drive vehicles, at any rate.

Perhaps eBay or Amazon? @niko might know of a good European dash mat supplier?
I bought my dash-mat from Australia as UK and Ireland cars have right side steering wheel.

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the dash mat solution. I may do this.
I'm in Australia driving an Australian vehicle, so dash mats made for this car is common.
Thanks again all.

Jokiin. Still trying to work out how to message you.

The only vendors I know of are in the US and they would only sell for left hand drive vehicles, at any rate.

I bought my dash-mat from Australia as UK and Ireland cars have right side steering wheel.
I guess this settles the case, we in Belgium drive on the right side of the car, i.e. the left one ;)
And I don't feel like ordering something from USA or southern hemisphere. Thks anyway.

Thank you Jokiin for the spare adhesive I received in my PO Box today. That is some excellent service.

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

I bought a dash mat for my 2013 Honda CRV (Austrlia) and it made the glare worse as the mat was not the standard carpet type but one of synthetic material that had cut ends and these made the windscreen look like the dash mat had "fairy lights" installed.

The mat hasn't been used for more than 15 mins max, it now resides in the cupboard, I must get around to flogging it off.

bCZSS1s.jpg

They are of little interest here as we dont have the same light levels, at least not up here where i live, may be another matter down south but then again Italians and Spanish people are not the kind thats famous for taking care of their cars.

It really suck and is why i set forth on my own project of making my own dashmat, and it do seem like i will be able to whip something up thats a lot better than the default dashbord of my car.
Sure it might not look as good as a factory designed and fitted dashmat, but thats okay with me, in this case i am all function over form.

I bought a dash mat for my 2013 Honda CRV (Austrlia) and it made the glare worse as the mat was not the standard carpet type but one of synthetic material that had cut ends and these made the windscreen look like the dash mat had "fairy lights" installed.

The mat hasn't been used for more than 15 mins max, it now resides in the cupboard, I must get around to flogging it off.

bCZSS1s.jpg

You can cure the "fairy light" sparkles problem by spray painting your dash mat with flat black paint. Here in the US the best product for this is Rust-Oleum Ultra-Flat Black Camouflage paint.

There may be an equivalent product available in Australia if Rust-Oleum Camo paint is not sold there. Regular flat black spray paint will work fine too.

Last edited:
Back