Looking for a power supply with a low input voltage cutoff

John2001

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi
This might be too much to ask, but I am looking for a hardwired USB power supply which will shut off when the input battery voltage gets down to about 11.8v. I want to use it to power a A119s in parking mode and have enough power left to start the car after leaving it for a couple of days. I can do the same thing using a Power Magic Pro and a hardwired USB power supply. I am wondering if anyone has found a device that does both.
Thanks
John

Hi
This might be too much to ask, but I am looking for a hardwired USB power supply which will shut off when the input battery voltage gets down to about 11.8v. I want to use it to power a A119s in parking mode and have enough power left to start the car after leaving it for a couple of days. I can do the same thing using a Power Magic Pro and a hardwired USB power supply. I am wondering if anyone has found a device that does both.
Thanks
John
Most generic hardwire kits cutoff at 11.6v, though I'm not sure I'd trust it. Even 11.8V might be too low to start your car. Have you checked out the VicoVation Power Plus?

I will look at the VicoVation Power Plus.
Thanks

Just looked at the Power Plus. I was hoping to find a unit that would directly supply USB power to the DashCam.
John

Stick one of these in the end of the Vico

fullsize.jpg

Stick one of these in the end of the Vico

fullsize.jpg
Yes, if you opt for the Vico Power Plus you'll need a new USB adapter. Apparently the supplied adapter does not fit the Power Plus.

Even in the warmest climates, 11.8v is a deep discharge of a car starter battery. They are not designed to go that low on a regular basis, eventually it will lead to starting problems. Have a read through this page if you haven't already:

https://dashcamtalk.com/battery-discharge-prevention/

Thanks Kip. That was a lot of good information.

Even in the warmest climates, 11.8v is a deep discharge of a car starter battery. They are not designed to go that low on a regular basis, eventually it will lead to starting problems. Have a read through this page if you haven't already:

https://dashcamtalk.com/battery-discharge-prevention/

yeah lead acid batteries were never intended to have a parasitic load on them all the time, even with higher cutoff voltages using cameras in parking mode will still take a toll on the car battery and shorten their lifespan as a result

I have been using a Vico power plus since I got my cam and I can say it works exactly as advertised. Cuts off whenever it gets to my preset voltage cutoff. Highly recommended.

Power Plus, That's the way I am going to go.
Thanks. John

Back