Pics that make you smile

I got a pinky slap on ebay forums because I had admitted to eating a tossed salad with faggots for my lunch.
Not wanting to back down to these corporate bullyboys, I forwarded pictures of a bag of pre-washed, ready to eat tossed salad and the box of brains' faggotts.
It seems the ebay bods, being American, disliked the terms 'tossed' and 'faggotts'.

I got a pinky slap on ebay forums because I had admitted to eating a tossed salad with faggots for my lunch.
Not wanting to back down to these corporate bullyboys, I forwarded pictures of a bag of pre-washed, ready to eat tossed salad and the box of brains' faggotts.
It seems the ebay bods, being American, disliked the terms 'tossed' and 'faggotts'.

"Faggots" also describes a bundle of sticks or twigs and in metallurgy it's a bundle of wrought iron bars! Makes me want to toss my cookies! :D

True story: A brash Englishman was visiting his sister here in SC USA about 20 years ago, and being low on cigarettes he went to the grocery store with her to get more. Not seeing them anywhere, in a loud voice he says "Where the he!! do they keep the fags here?" :eek: :p ;)

Phil
(edited)

Last edited:
Fags would've been a little more appropriate.

When I was a teenager I got to try fried ****roaches and chocolate covered ants. The roaches were surprisingly good; crunchy with a nutty flavor. The ants were kind of like eating chocolate covered raisins (well, sort of). They say there is a enough protein in insect populations to feed the whole world and then some. (more protein than beef) There is a project to make a nutritious insect based flour for feeding malnourished populations around the world.

That lizard sure likes 'em.

Edit: I can't believe this forum censors words like "****"roaches. Jeez! :rolleyes:
when our coutry was in war. Ppl tried to eat many insect but no c0ckroaches and ants. There is a gland or their gut in their body made them smelly. Even food has a little excrement of c0ckroaches, we cant eat it.
Right now, it become our food culture. We eat crickets, grasshopper, all kind of snake, frog, some kind of worms....
cach-lam-cha-ruoi-2.jpg

worm
20150904_chauchau5.jpg

grasshopper
But with me, i cant eat any of these except snake.
Pizza and westen cake are pretty good to me.
PS: the insects thing above is not cheap now. They are quite expensive, have to prepare very carefully and cost alot of time with many trick and tips. But their taste is not good with me (my opinion) :)

Fags would've been a little more appropriate.
You're correct- that's what was actually said and Ive edited my post. I shouldn't post things when I'm still on my first cup of coffee :(

The fellow in question was a rocker from the old days and he still had that kind of attitude towards life. I doubt he would have much spoken to me but for the fact that I rode a Norton back then :rolleyes: Good thing I wasn't riding a Vespa :p

Phil

when our coutry was in war. Ppl tried to eat many insect but no c0ckroaches and ants. There is a gland or their gut in their body made them smelly. Even food has a little excrement of c0ckroaches, we cant eat it.
Right now, it become our food culture. We eat crickets, grasshopper, all kind of snake, frog, some kind of worms....
cach-lam-cha-ruoi-2.jpg

worm
20150904_chauchau5.jpg

grasshopper
But with me, i cant eat any of these except snake.
Pizza and westen cake are pretty good to me.
PS: the insects thing above is not cheap now. They are quite expensive, have to prepare very carefully and cost alot of time with many trick and tips. But their taste is not good with me (my opinion) :)

I guess it all comes down to culture and taste. Why does a shrimp or lobster or a squid or a clam seem any more or less appealing than a grasshopper or a worm? At one time in Colonial-era America lobsters were considered a garbage food fit only for prisoners and poor people.

Anyone up for a nice bowl of Gagh?

Gagh
(also known as ghargh) is a worm that is prized by Klingons as a live food. It is perhaps the most representative Klingon food and certainly the best known outside of the Empire. (ST reference: Klingon for the Galactic Traveler)

Gagh worms that are intended to be served are fed only a mixture of diluted blood, which they find very unappetizing and therefore only consume when they are nearly starving. The type of animal from which the blood has been taken greatly influences the eventual flavor. Just prior to being served, the worms are poured into a bowl of thick sauce which contains an extremely flavorful herb which the worms find very delicious, and devour, even though it is toxic to them, and kills them within minutes. Gagh is considered best consumed live, therefore it is customary to eat it as quickly as possible. If the worms cannot be eaten before they all die, then the entire mixture is saved and heated up later as a sort of stew. There are more than fifty-one varieties of gagh.

Gagh_3.jpg

Anyone up for a nice bowl of Gagh?

Gagh
(also known as ghargh) is a worm that is prized by Klingons as a live food. It is perhaps the most representative Klingon food and certainly the best known outside of the Empire. (ST reference: Klingon for the Galactic Traveler)

Gagh worms that are intended to be served are fed only a mixture of diluted blood, which they find very unappetizing and therefore only consume when they are nearly starving. The type of animal from which the blood has been taken greatly influences the eventual flavor. Just prior to being served, the worms are poured into a bowl of thick sauce which contains an extremely flavorful herb which the worms find very delicious, and devour, even though it is toxic to them, and kills them within minutes. Gagh is considered best consumed live, therefore it is customary to eat it as quickly as possible. If the worms cannot be eaten before they all die, then the entire mixture is saved and heated up later as a sort of stew. There are more than fifty-one varieties of gagh.

View attachment 29276

I'll probably end up gaghhing on them. ;)

Really i am quite of a traditionalist when it come to food, hell i dont even eat fish :D

...Why does a shrimp or lobster or a squid or a clam seem any more or less appealing than a grasshopper or a worm?...
Interesting question for sure. One of my favorite foods happens to be shrimp, a taste I acquired when very young. I'm sure if I had seen one in it's natural state beforehand I would have been a bit reluctant to try it.

Last edited:
well thankfully things change, when i was a kid there was not enough money in the world to bribe me into eating cheese.
But that changed and i now like a nasty cheese.
Shrimp and lobsters are also the only seafood i can eat now, and i will not disregard other seafood's too, but it will take some outside influence to make me take the dive.
I nice scrimp ****tail for openers is a good way to start a meal in my book :)

Interesting question for sure. One of my favorite foods happens to be shrimp, a taste I acquired when very young. I'm sure if I had seen one in it's natural state beforehand I would have been a bit reluctant to try it.

Speaking of natural states, I'm not so sure I'd jump at the chance to eat a plate of raw worms but I do love fresh oysters. Go figure?

oyster.jpg

I would take one of those replicators, that seem to be able to output just about any exotic drink. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashcamDPR Off Topic 4
DrekiTech Off Topic 2
Back