2017 Acura RDX - DR650GW-2CH install w/DR380G in-cabin install

Paul Scocia

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Replaced my blackvue DR3500-FHD with DR650GW. hid the wiring from the rear cam along the top headliner and through the A-pillar. pretty clean install...for a DIY. the 3500 was already hardwired via the PMP so I just used the same power source to the 650. works great.

running v2.007 firmware.

zKXVont.jpg

YKmuOXA.jpg

Ke0xUbO.jpg

94ytwmX.jpg

GXiPdOZ.jpg

YCWzyRh.jpg

YikE25O.jpg

sample footage: may need more tweaking for video settings (switch youtube to HD for better quality )

rear footage - will post outdoor footage soon. this is just boring car garage stuff.

ALSO, had a old old old DR380G lying around...so hey why not....in-cabin recording!

Last edited:
SORRY..had to remove copyright content on youtube... videos re-edited.

gotta hide your wires better then that. don't be scared to pull off the panels

Yep if you buy a body tool you can spread the gaps and fit the wires right in. I have a DR 450 in the rear of my Passat and have mountedbody tools.jpg DR450   A.jpg DR450.jpg it like this No wires to be seen any where and nothing hanging around to connect it on the taildoor Much neater and works perfectly

Hey Paul,
Looks like you have the coaxial cable reversed, the right angle tip should be on the front while the straight tip is on the back. That way you can thread the rear camera cable through the grommets easier.
Check out our guide if you're curious about running the rear wire
If you're local to us here in Richmond BC, stop by and we'll hook you up with a trim tool as a dashcamtalk gift, just let the team know Justin sent you :)

Back