2ch Thinkware Black Prime 2K. (2048 x 1080 + 720p) OBD II, GPS, ADAS, LDWS, FVSA,

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Navinside announced new Thinkware Black Prime 2K.

Overview

Front 2048x1080 2K | rear 1280x720 HD | 2CH recording
3.5-inch Full Touch LCD with
free technical format (Format Free Technology)
advanced ADAS: lane departure warning, the car ahead departure notifications, safe driving assistant
* DriveX mode offers | Battery Discharge | Thermistor (temperature Detection and blocking notifications)

* DriveX is a smart function of vehicle operating information, as well as the only vehicle available to the self-diagnosis Navi using the OBD II.

Black Navi Prime 2K in order to determine a more exact situation
2K resolution support 1080P FULL HD level resolution beyond the first national black box as well as the Navi only ADAS-of-the-art features a lane departure warning, the car ahead departure notifications, support to safe driving assistant and equipped to perfection to prevent accidents. Here are cyclical memory format is not necessary to apply a pre-formatted and easy to manage technology to scan more than check whether the vehicles in real time fuel economy information in Navi Drive X features garage level Vehicles available to the self-check function. Black Box faithful and pull utilizing state-of-the-art high-resolution black-box value to dramatically raise the intrinsic function. If you create a black box also differs from Navi.

a0.jpg

a1.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg a4.jpg

a5.jpg

a6.jpg

a7.jpg

Price in Korea:
- incl. 16Gb = 285usd
- incl. 32Gb = 310usd

I might be wrong, but do the dashcam warn me when the car in front of me start to drive ???? if thats the case i dont need that as i have eyes and pay attention.
BUT there might be many smartphone addicted ppl out there that need a wake up call when they are checking facebook at every intersection.

Allso seem to have overspeed & speed trap warning based on database, and that mean any recent changes or lower speed due to road works will not be supported.
But offcourse beeing a seeing driver i should detect that myself, but here i would actually like the dashcam to pitch in if it was able to read speed signs.
Allso here we have little if any fixed speed cameras, its all mobile here.

Love the OBD2 stuff as i allways have, but its a problem if my car is not supported
Allso seem like the rear camera is deemed of lesser intrest as its just 720p, but still i would prefer mine to be 1080p.

And there is the ommnipresent clash of formfactor :D a bit too large front camera for my liking.

Allso seem to be less attractive for ppl taking ther dashcam with them when they leave ther car ( wires to unplug and plug in later )

Last edited:
Seems like a decent camera on paper. I have to ask as a novice; if I'm looking for a camera in the 300-dollar price-range, should I get this, or are there better/similar alternatives out there?

Seems like a decent camera on paper. I have to ask as a novice; if I'm looking for a camera in the 300-dollar price-range, should I get this, or are there better/similar alternatives out there?
Its all depends on your priorities.

What should my priorities be? I've already listed one, price range, apart from that it would be nice with a dual channel camera.

1080p resolution is the norm nowdays, i am sure many of the hardcore users and general dashcam addicted ppl wonder why some one would make 720 p today even just as a rear camera in a dual system.
Even further up north in Norway i assume you can get a fjew of those really hot summer days, and if not i am sure you can get the really cold ones in winter, offcourse depending on where in that pretty long ( N/S ) country you live.
So Capasitors is what i would recomend for your location, or for that metter any global location ( not sure if this camera have capasitors but i think it do have it as its Korean )
Another gripe i have with this system is the pretty large front unit, but thats cuz i have my camera in the car all the time, so i prefer a small stealthy camera thives might overlook or at least dont draw attention to my car.
Allso if you plan to remove it when you park there is wires to plug in, normally the power wire and the GPS antenna wire, this i assume will be annoying over time.
I allso assume if you plan to use the "smart" features in this model you will have to install the camera in the middle of the windscreen, which can be a problem in some new cars.
And as Mentioned by me above the OBD2 features ( smart as it is ) might not be supported at all or only a little by your brand/make of car.

I am not sure what there is in a simmilar price bracket as i am just a addicted but casual user so i dont keep up with new models and prices, but for 300 dollars you should be able to have a little to choose from.
The panorama X2 seem to come highly recomended, and there might be a Lukas model or 2 to have a look at too, and most likely allso a fjew other brands/models.

Thanks for your thoughts. I would ideally prefer a camera with the same form factor as the BV 650, but with higher video resolution and image quality (higher bitrate e.g) But as far as i've found, there are no such camera as of today?

Higher vid resolution means more memory is needed and a more capable processor to write all of that data and also clean up the images as well. I'd say 1080p is good enough for me for now a 1min vid is already 40megs!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

We dont need 2K resolution, what we want\need is better lense and lots more bandwith! :p

Back