Videos are being cut short

Pietrach

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
My xiaomi yi is stopping the recording short at random times. Sometimes it will record 50sec sometimes just stop shorter, and then restarts again. I only notice this when viewing the recorded footage. It get worst when I switch to 60frame/sec. This leads me to believe that my card is too slow. It is Sandisk class 10 16gb card.

As a side note the camera is not hacked and it works great in timelapse mode.

What are your experiences?

Sounds like the card's not up to speed. Do you have a different card you can try with? Sandisk makes several different cards, do you know which one yours is?

The card is Sandisk Ultra 16gb class 10
This one: https://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SD...ra-MicroSDHC-UHS-1-Card---80MB_s-with-Adapter

I now tried to record lower resolution to see if it improves ( thinking that lower data transfer will allow to record longer if this is the card speed problem). But it did not improve. the first video goes for approximately 60-90sec, then stops for approx. 30sec, and restarts again. Each subsequent video is shorter or at random length.

Have you reformatted the card? Can you try the card on your computer, speed test it there? Or try copying a large file to it?

I formatted the card and tested, and it shows a write speed of 10MB/s... which seems very low to me. Looks like I need to invest in U3 card.

Back