0806 Screen will not come on. Blue and Red as should be but no sounds.

rvrlaxn

Reaction score
Country
United States
As stated. I pulled the card for the first time out of curiosity after about 1.5 years of use. Showed some old video telling me that it was not looping. I was going to check the settings, but I cannot get the screen to come on. It is mounted in front of rear view mirror, so I don't notice it, and I don't know when the screen stopped coming on at powerup. The blue power light and the red record light come on at power up and go off as they should. I can turn off the red with the side power button after about 20 sec, and then turn it back on. Just no screen at all. I tried the up and down buttons many times. No idea what settings are on it now due to no screen.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Wow! One and a half years without checking on the camera or the SD card. That's a little too much faith being put in a Mini! Thank your lucky stars that you didn't end up needing any footage.

If kept pressed, the side power button resets the camera.

The last file's timestamp will tell you when it crapped out. Try powering it without the SD card inserted and check if anything changes. In all probability the unit has malfunctioned and will need repair.

If you plan on getting another dash cam, do check for recording inconsistencies and corrupted files (if any) on the cards at least once a month, especially if the last file is being saved properly.

And do a bit of 'research' towards getting something reliable.

Last edited:
Wow! One and a half years without checking on the camera or the SD card. That's a little too much faith being put in a Mini! Thank your lucky stars that you didn't end up needing any footage.

If kept pressed, the side power button resets the camera.

The last file's timestamp will tell you when it crapped out. Try powering it without the SD card inserted as check if anything changes. In all probability the unit has malfunctioned and will need repair.

If you plan on getting another dash cam, do check for recording inconsistencies and corrupted files (if any) on the cards at least once a month, especially if the last file is being saved properly.

And do a bit of 'research' and get something reliable.
Thanks. I'll try those options. Bought off amazon with an AMEX. Maybe I have some options there.

Back