High-End 2ch - Thinkware F770 vs Blackvue D650S-2CH (Is Cloud worth it?)

vibeone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a long long time dash cam user, from the iTronics stable....

My camera has a few problems, but it's still going. However, I want to upgrade.

I can hardwire myself, and importantly, I have a valid 4G dongle available in car.

So it seems the thinkware f770 is the better camera(?) but the form factor isn't quite as nice. I like the idea of the speed camera warnings but not sure if these are good in the UK?

Therefore, since I have 4g available, is the blackvue cloud features worth the worse video quality?

Any thoughts? Or should I stop looking at 2ch cams and buy 2 A119s?

I have an F770, A119 and an A119S. 1st dash cams I've ever owned. Admittedly, I'm not familiar with the Blackvue camera, and certainly not a "cloud" sort of guy. Love my F770. Wish the video quality was a tad better, but can't have everything in life I guess. Wish I never bought the A119's. For all the great reviews of those cameras I read before purchasing them, I have been greatly disappointed. Will spare all of my troubles in this note as I posted all that garbage in the A119S forum. Have the 2 A119's in one vehicle. IMHO, there is lots of extra work involved when you go that route. Was harder to find 2 sources of power than for a 2CH, have 2 SD cards to read, 2 cameras to maintain, 2 cameras to break down, and a little less stealthy. Personally I will only go 2CH or a single front camera from now on.

certainly useful information.

Major problem I have, is that the 2ch cameras supposedly lose quality (bitrate, chipset issues) over the cheapo ones. But you highlight a fair point - a lot less hassle.

So which camera (And I notice this category is missing from the "best cams" page) has ABSOLUTELY the BEST IMAGE QUALITY? If we leave all other review points, which camera wins that battle?

I just got the Thinkware F770 last week and currently have a BlackVue DR650GW-2CH IR but just ordered the BlackVue DR650S front unit to replace it. I'll post some pics from both for you when I get it set up. From what I've seen online though, both cameras have great image quality but the Thinkware definitely is better at night. You can't really go wrong either way.

Also keep in mind that only the Thinkware has 1080p in both the front AND rear camera. The BlackVue only has 720p in the rear.

Know what, just go with the Thinkware because besides the Cloud feature, it technically offers more features for less money.

I have the Blackvue 650 1ch and have been considering upgrading (?) to the Thinkware 770 so have been monitoring the discussions on that forum. Seems there are a lot of little (?) aggravations about that one as well.

I have the Blackvue 650 1ch and have been considering upgrading (?) to the Thinkware 770 so have been monitoring the discussions on that forum. Seems there are a lot of little (?) aggravations about that one as well.

they're reasonably equal I think, they each have their quirks but not enough difference to warrant upgrading I would think

So which camera (And I notice this category is missing from the "best cams" page) has ABSOLUTELY the BEST IMAGE QUALITY? If we leave all other review points, which camera wins that battle?

I'm struggling with that very same question for my next purchase. My sense is that many 1 CH cameras have better image quality on average than most 2 CH cameras, including the Thinkware F770. But I have yet to see in my limited experience any 2 CH that has better image quality than the 770. You can do worse, or the same. I just don't know if you'll do any better.

every two channel model will easily get beaten for image quality (some by even very modest) single channel cameras

Back