G1W decided not to record any files

rolypolyman

Reaction score
Country
United States
I put my G1W away for several months, and of course it was without power the whole time and the clock reset to 1/1/2014. I took it out, plugged it in, and drove around with it today. It appeared to be recording, as indicated by the screen with a time marker running.

When I pulled the card out afterward, I found it only recorded two short 2-minute files from today. My 2 hours of driving did not get saved to the card. The card consisted entirely of footage from October that was already there. It also created a couple of short files from today in a subdirectory called \RO\.

What is causing the problem here? I realize it might have had something to do with being powered down for a long time, but I am really curious about specifics because it would be awful to get into a wreck and find the G1W recorded nothing. Has anyone had similar experiences with nothing being recorded?

Camera: G1WH-DA380-15051201JR from Spytec

Card: SanDisk Ultra 16 GB MicroSDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card

Did you check if the settings were also reset, besides the date/time? If not, it's highly probable that the problem is this:
Card: SanDisk Ultra 16 GB MicroSDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card

I'm having this problem again... dashcam is on all the time but I pull it out to look at files and the latest one is from 8 days ago. There's no reset of the date or settings, so power supply is just fine.

If not, it's highly probable that the problem is this:

Are you saying it's the brand that I chose, or bad memory in general?

Man, I would have been ****ed if I was in a wreck... having an unreliable camera is worse than no camera at all.

(...) dashcam is on all the time but I pull it out to look at files (...)
When you say you pull it out, do you mean the camera or just the card?

Back