How to change language to English in Yi with V-1.03.025-CN software

• Thread starter Deleted member 34462
  • Start date
i did already engineer mode hack.
so... plz wait for my post.
i will get more data and test firmware....

D-DAY : 2017-01-20
You are genius! Thank you very much! I thought about throwing that cam away. Thank you again!

already test with s/n cabb

it works. tks very much

To change firmware to english on chinese dash camera version with s/n CA31 or CABAA , need to put on formated microsd - 3 files AAA222CCC.txt, engmode, SN.txt
AAA222CCC.txt, engmode are empty files , SN.txt with 14 symbols of s/n with US instead of CN
After changing s/n , format micro sd and download english emergency aid firmware from here
https://www.yitechnology.com/support/firmware_dash/id/3
copy it to micro sd and power on the camera , it should change firmware to english
Note : This method works on 165 degree cameras(gold or silver) with any serial number and firmware vesrions starting from 1.03.023 CN and higher.
Use genuine from known brands 8-32GB class 10 , FAT32 ,64KB ,formated micro SD card for firmware upgrade .
DO NOT TRY THIS METHOD to change language on BLACK CN version

What about the Black CN version ?
Is there any solution ?

Last edited:
What about the Black CN version ?
Is there any solution ?
Currently No official solution , as there is no English version of this camera , only custom translation is possible

Currently No official solution , as there is no English version of this camera , only custom translation is possible
I have a black one V-1.03.025-CN, The SN is CC11BACNBG1644. I have tried everything suggested when I put the card in the camera I get the menu 1-8 but I can't scroll down. I touch the red button and it does a loop of LCD test.

HOW DO YOU GET THE CUSTOM TRANSLATION.I have the black camera,I would like to be able to use it and know what I am doing.

To change firmware to english on chinese dash camera version with s/n CA31 or CABAA , need to put on formated microsd - 3 files AAA222CCC.txt, engmode, SN.txt
AAA222CCC.txt, engmode are empty files , SN.txt with 14 symbols of s/n with US instead of CN
After changing s/n , format micro sd and download english emergency aid firmware from here
copy it to micro sd and power on the camera , it should change firmware to english
Note : This method works on 165 degree cameras(gold or silver) with any serial number and firmware vesrions starting from 1.03.023 CN and higher.
Use genuine from known brands 8-32GB class 10 , FAT32 ,64KB ,formated micro SD card for firmware upgrade .

WORKING ON CABAA gray chinese
Thanx

i copied all 3 files (AAA222CCC.txt, engmode, SN.txt) to my SD card.

I still get the pink screen with Language Adaptation error.

What am i doing wrong??

It works!!! Great thank you!!!!

i copied all 3 files (AAA222CCC.txt, engmode, SN.txt) to my SD card.

I still get the pink screen with Language Adaptation error.

What am i doing wrong??
Just use emergency Aid from official web site.

Back