Thieye t5e or sj6 legend?

Dellye

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Which one is much better? Im planning to buy one of this but im not sure which one is worth the price. And have the best performance and quality overall ? Or any other suggestions below $120. Im don't really care about the 4k though.

Hey, I have watched some videos comparing thieye t5e with gopro & Yi 4k. I didn't find the video about t5e and sj6 legend.
Here is the link:
Hope this would be helpful for you.

Hey, I have watched some videos comparing thieye t5e with gopro & Yi 4k. I didn't find the video about t5e and sj6 legend.
Here is the link:
Hope this would be helpful for you.

from your opinion which one is better?

SJCAM SJ6 Legend drone footage. Pretty impressive:

the t5e is a true 4k, whereas the sj6 is 2k i think? but the sj6 is by far the best non 4k camera and the t5e looks to be 1 of if not THE best 4k

SJ6 resolution works out to something like real 2.7k. The 4k is interpolated. The SJ7 Star supports Native 4k.

Which one is much better? Im planning to buy one of this but im not sure which one is worth the price. And have the best performance and quality overall ? Or any other suggestions below $120. Im don't really care about the 4k though.
SJ6 has a 16mp sensor vs 12mp. SJ6 Legend has support for external Mic, External remote, Dual Screens: 2.0" touch screen, near 1.0" screen on front, and a new SJCAM Zone app. It also supports Gyro (adjustable and physical chip) stabilization whereas thieyes only has anti-shake (digital stabilization). SJ6 also supports adjustable FOV and has a ton of added new features in v1.4 firmware release.

V1.4 blog: https://poshgadgets.wordpress.com/2016/12/26/sjcam-sj6-legend-v1-4-firmware-update/

If you are looking for these same additional features but with an Ambarella chip, then wait another month or so for the SJCAM SJ7 Star. Cheers :)

Last edited:

Yes, the article was well written but failed to address the things we posted above and in the comments of that article:
SJ6 has a 16mp sensor vs 12mp. SJ6 Legend has support for external Mic, External remote, Dual Screens: 2.0" touch screen, near 1.0" screen on front, and a new SJCAM Zone app. It also supports Gyro (adjustable and physical chip) stabilization whereas thieyes only has anti-shake (digital stabilization). SJ6 also supports adjustable FOV and has a ton of added new features in v1.4 firmware release.

V1.4 blog: https://poshgadgets.wordpress.com/2016/12/26/sjcam-sj6-legend-v1-4-firmware-update/

If you are looking for these same additional features but with an Ambarella chip, then wait another month or so for the SJCAM SJ7 Star.

There is also a big difference between the T5e and the SJ6/SJ7, the price ! The T5e is just around 115$ fully bundled and the best of it is that the Yi1/2 Bluetooth remote will pair with the T5e :)

There is also a big difference between the T5e and the SJ6/SJ7, the price ! The T5e is just around 115$ fully bundled and the best of it is that the Yi1/2 Bluetooth remote will pair with the T5e :)
You get what you pay for i guess.

Now it's even cheaper, with a coupon "THIEYEW" it's 109.98$
Anyway, this is a good opportunity to acquire one for later testing so @Dellye you will see a review in a few weeks between the cameras you have asked for :)

sj6 don't have the same same captured resolution in 4k (Novatek NTK96660 2880x2160 vs ambarella a12 3840*2160). t5 is closer to sj7. and sj6 is close to git2 that sometime sells for $95 and has a very good support.

Last edited:
The Thieye T5e is now $122.99 at geekbuying if anybody is interested.

Maybe you could see this video:
that video doesn't offer any deep review detail unfortunately - the YouTuber couldn't even put an Ikea desk together without wearing gloves in one of his videos LOL.

New SJ6 Legend Air - will come with more accessories and only have one 2.0" touchscreen on the back:

Back