Lukas LK7950 Hardwiring

IsaacS

Reaction score
Country
United States
I had my Newly purchased Lukas LK-7950 hardwired into my car by a wiring company, when I shut off my car the Daschcam powers off,
He says he has it wired to a fuse that turns on and off with the ignition and a fuse that is always on, I want to be able to use the parking mode when my car is off, how do I go about explaining to him what and if he did something wrong and how it should be done? And does the Lukas have a built in feature that will turn it off if my car battery is getting low?

Hi,
I installed by myself yesterday.
You must connect "YELLOW WIRE" to always ON, regardless of ignitions on/off.
"RED WIRE" to connect when ignition ON, but Not always on, when ignition is off OFF
"Black WIRE" is ground as you know.
also, you have to switch power ON to use parking mode on when ignition off.
Thanks.

Hello all,
New to the forum. I have the Lukas LK 7950 WD with firmware V21. I recently decided to rewire my dash cam so I could also use the "ACC" button ( as my camera is draining my battery despite the cutoff set to 12.4v. ). I'm quite sure I've wired this correctly into my fuse panel; checking power ( on both sides of fuse with volt meter and light ) with engine/power off and on and using tap fuse wiring. My issue that when in " On" mode it won't stay on as it use to when I had yellow and red wire pigtailed into the always hot fuse. I've left the appropriate wire in the always hot and I've placed the other in only hot when vehicle is on. "ACC" works as it should. Am I missing something. If I can't get this to work anyone have any idea on the battery save mode as this didn't seem to work either. I'd like to say that my camera seems to work very well in every other aspect and communication with my iPhone is excellent. Please help.

Last edited:
Be Warned! Even if you wire it in correctly and the power protection works as it should, it is still possible the camera will cause a flat car battery. If the camera forces FORMAT and it does not complete, the camera does not shut down. Always wait for See you on shut down. If the camera is flashing For or Fat wait for it to complete before you power down. It is the only bug I have had in over two years, in a great camera.

Hi,
what do you mean by "forces FORMAT"?

When the chip is full the camera forces a format. If you power off the ignition while this is in progress it keeps trying to format and flattens the car battery. I had a flat battery on the car and could not start it. After a jump start the camera was showing "for" with ign. On and off. Once I did a format from the camera all was fine.

Back