I think I got a dud!

Cams can be very picky about SD cards ...
Especially when it comes to constant write ( Dash cam )
Some cards are great storage devices , to be read from ..
But it's that write thing that dash camera's do ...
A lot of cards that are good at data storage and great at being read from , just don't work well in Cams ...
I found a card that works , and so far no issues with any cam .. ( I am sticking with the Samsung EVO cards )

I agree. When you find something that works you stay with it.

Definitely try the 1440p mode though. Stop thinking about the frame rate. I never see skipping when mine is at 1440p.

I have. It looks pretty solid.

@freightguy So I watched a few of your videos on Youtube last night. Granted, it was on my phone, but I couldnt really notice any difference between your 1440p mode and 1080p mode. Did you see any differences on your computer when you watched them back? Honestly, they both looked good, so Im not thinking you got a dud anymore.

Vico has been looking at the videos and took some still images from the video. They said lens looks good. Not out of focus. They did say maybe the angle is what is making it look weird. They are gonna give me another one to see if it's an angle issue or if there is something wrong with the camera.

Yes it does look good on a phone. The 1440P looks good on phone and PC. The 1080P looks OK on phone and bad on a 144hz and 60hz 24 and 27inch monitor.

Will keep you all updated.

Vico has been looking at the videos and took some still images from the video. They said lens looks good. Not out of focus. They did say maybe the angle is what is making it look weird. They are gonna give me another one to see if it's an angle issue or if there is something wrong with the camera.

Yes it does look good on a phone. The 1440P looks good on phone and PC. The 1080P looks OK on phone and bad on a 144hz and 60hz 24 and 27inch monitor.

Will keep you all updated.
any updates?

Update. So after numerous emails with their customer service and video swapping. We have decided that there is no quality issue.

It seems as part of my issue was coming from a lack of CPL filter and the angle at which I am recording. Also the Micro SD card changed a lot of the quality of the videos.

Unfortunately cannot change the angle issue as this is mounted in a tractor trailer and it's in a windshield high up.

I have also realized that editing my videos incorrectly also was playing a part.

Final note. My expectations were to have the video look like a video game footage. Which honestly is not realistic. But after looking at others videos on the Internet and comparing them to mine. Their is no difference.

At this point the subject has been put to rest. I will say we have been exchanging emails back and forth every day. Their response have been as quick as possible as I believe their support is in Taiwan.

I would also recommend this camera as to comparing footages from other cameras on the net, this one seems to be the best quality. The price is a little high. But overall I'm happy and will run with this until the next best thing in technology comes out for these.

Glad you got things figured out and proof that their customer support is top notch. I highly recommend using a CPL. I have been running one from the first day and it works as advertised. No wonder so many cams either come with one or is recommended to use one.

Hey all been busy working on video editing software with this camera. I decided on Cyberlink Power Director 15. First time I have ever used software like this outside of Windows Movie Maker. Just thought I would share a quick video I made in it and some other edited videos minus the movie format!!

So far so good. Had a lot to learn in regards to placement of the angle of the camera. SD card options ETC. First time at this. So I had a lot to learn. I guess it would have been nice if they had a tips and tricks document with it. Cause I guarantee I will not be the last to say this camera sucks at first. One of the things I like about the internet, discussions like this as others in the future will stumble across it and hopefully it helps them out in the learning curve like I had.

All in all. At this point I would say solid purchase. I did go with your suggestion as to keeping it at 1440P. It would be nice to eventually see a stunning 1080P60FPS like in video games down the road. Maybe a 4K 60FPS camera like I saw the other night in the Fiji Islands. Wow did that look awesome!!!

Glad it's worked out for you. I know of only 2 cam manufacturers who make finding 'tips and tricks' easy, the rest either seem to think that will make their products seem less worthy or they don't much care at all. Customer support is a very important part of being successful and the lack of it has been the main reason one good cam hasn't seen the success it should have had.

Good to Vico for working with you on this :)

Phil

So far so good. Had a lot to learn in regards to placement of the angle of the camera. SD card options ETC. First time at this. So I had a lot to learn. I guess it would have been nice if they had a tips and tricks document with it. Cause I guarantee I will not be the last to say this camera sucks at first. One of the things I like about the internet, discussions like this as others in the future will stumble across it and hopefully it helps them out in the learning curve like I had.

All in all. At this point I would say solid purchase. I did go with your suggestion as to keeping it at 1440P. It would be nice to eventually see a stunning 1080P60FPS like in video games down the road. Maybe a 4K 60FPS camera like I saw the other night in the Fiji Islands. Wow did that look awesome!!!

Nice. Ive been watching your vids on Youtube and I couldnt imagine driving something so big all the time. Have you tried using a CPL on the cam yet?

Hyper, I have one on for the really bright sunny days. Kind of an interesting little hobby I guess doing the videos. I don't get footage everyday where it would make a video. I have some friends at work that say I should make a channel. I'm like yeah right! Who wants to hear and listen to a 46 year old man talk about truck driving things. But, I have seen some footage out there by drivers and alot of it is boring. So maybe I will start one. Keep your eyes posted in the future!! :) We will see. Could be an interesting hobby. 2 years ago I wandered into PC gaming instead of Xbox and PS. Spent way to much money on PC stuff, but, its better than hanging out in bars as my wife says. I'm kind of a geek with it. The "geeky truckdriver channel" coming soon!!! LMAO.

Thanks again for everyones help. Been fun so far learning about this stuff and hopefully someone down the road reads it and it helps them.

Juts looking at your 1st video freight, it's not as good as I've seen from cars, but I think there's quite a bit of windscreen reflection - possibly your bonnet as well as the dash could be the culprit as it's highly polished and looks to be at an angle where it would throw light back up towards the screen. Reflections always have a bad effect on visibility.

Without a doubt. Massive delay in posting here. I have noticed the video has a different effect from higher up on the windshield. At this point, its not a game changer. We have some good quality video to help protect my ass from the corporate behemoth. Which is why I bought the camera. I am a truck driver for a HUGE LTL company here in the states. Guys get in accidents and they hang the driver out to dry without any rhyme or reason. At this point I have my protection and maybe a possible YT channel to follow in the future. The joys of the internet. Thanks for following up and all the replies. Enjoy your cameras and may the camera be with you!!@@

Back