F750 Hardware Setup without the Car

AlexF750

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I've just ordered an F750 in preparation for installing into my new car.

However, I've ordered a hardwire version so I was wondering if there's a way to see what firmware it's running without connecting it to the car, as I don't get the car until April!!

I'm desperate to find out if I can upgrade it to an F770!!

Cheers in advance
Alex

the fw might be on the memory card, but not 100pct sure
oiwse u could just hook it up to a car battery temporarily.
just stick the wires on there with a bit of tape

Last edited:
Thanks @egonvdv

I managed to hook it up to a power supply in the end, I had to attach both ACC and 12V wires to the supply to make it work. Connecting just one yellow or red cable would start the dashcam up, but wouldn't keep staying on.

Connected it to the app, and managed to find out that it's on V1.00.15... It's now an F770 in an F750 body!!

Happy Days!!

I know this is a month old now since your last reply - in your testing, did you connect the yellow and red cable to the same power source?
ie: if I wanted to put this camera in a car that had no acc fuse nor did we need parking mode, could I connect both wires to the same fuse?

Hey!

Yes, I connected both wires to the same power source to make it work.

So I think you'll be ok doing the same thing in the car

~Thanks Alex,
I had a right headache last night trying two sets of cables, both cameras and would not power when "fusing" just red or yellow.
Both together however and the cam powered straight away just like you mention in your case.

I'll finalise the install today with red and yellow going to the same fuse :)

Back